Why In News?
- On September 20, 2022, Governor Ramesh Bais gave assent to the Pandit Raghunath Murmu Tribal University Bill, 2022 passed by the Jharkhand Assembly.
- The bill was sent to the Governor for the second time. Earlier, the bill was returned by the Governor due to errors in the Hindi and English version. After this, it was passed in the monsoon session of the assembly and sent again to the Governor.
- Pandit Raghunath Murmu Tribal University will be headquartered in Jamshedpur and the jurisdiction will be all over Jharkhand. The vice-chancellor of the university will be appointed by the governor on the recommendation of the search committee set by the state government.
- The purpose of the creation of the university is to preserve, research the tribal language and the rich cultural tradition of the tribal community and encourage meritorious students of tribal society.
- The tribal university will remain open to all classes, castes and creeds. Regional centers can be opened in any district according to the need. Students will be able to get education in 10 faculties in the university.
- The opening of this university will benefit students from Jharkhand as well as West Bengal and Odisha. The university is planned to be constructed between Galudih and Ghatshila in Jamshedpur.
Switch to Hindi