Shri Ramcharitmanas now the Longest Song in the World: Guinness World Record Created in the Name of Jagdish of Banaras
Why in News?
According to information received from the media on 23 May 2023, Shri Ramcharitmanas has now become the longest song in the world. Dr. Jagdish Pillai of Banaras, Uttar Pradesh has lent his voice to the Shri Ramcharitmanas song of 138 hours 41 minutes and 20 seconds.
- It is known that earlier this record was in the name of America and the United Kingdom. Along with being recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records, this record was recorded in the name of America and has now been named after India.
- Dr. Jagdish Pillai has become the Guinness World Record holder for the maximum number of times i.e. 5 times from Uttar Pradesh.
- State AYUSH Minister Dr. Dayashankar Mishra Dayalu presented the Guinness certificate to Dr. Jagadish Pillai at his home.
- It is worth mentioning that Dr. Jagadish Pillai, despite not being a Hindi speaker, sung such a long song by himself composing it in Awadhi in such a beautiful & emotional way with bhajans-kirtans and got it registered in the Guinness Book. It took him four years to complete this work.
- Shri Ramcharitmanas' song has been aired on more than 100 audio channels across the world. That's why Guinness World Records has recorded Shri Ramcharitmanas as the longest officially released song i.e. officially recognized longest song in the world.
- It is known that the longest song ever was 115 hours 45 minutes which was sung by Mark Christopher Lee and The Pocket Gods living in St. Albans Hertfordshire (UK) on 1 December 2021. He achieved this record by playing only one type of instrumental music.
- Dr. Jagadish Pillai said that since 2016 he has been wishing to break the record of the world's longest song. He says that when there are books like Ramayana, Mahabharata in India, then this record should also be in the name of India. Being in Awadhi language, first took the help of friend Pradeep Mishra to understand the colloquial and pronunciation.
- After this, friend Deepak Jaiswal was contacted for recording. Deepak Jaiswal was also awarded with Guinness Participation Certificate.
- It is worth mentioning that Dr. Jagadish Pillai had registered the name of Banaras in the Guinness Book of World Records for the first time in 2012. He broke a Canadian record in 2012 by making an animation movie in the shortest possible time. What the Canadian did in six hours, Dr. Pillai did in three and a half hours.
- The second record was set for the longest line of postcards with 16,300 postcards. For the third time, under the Largest Poster Awareness Campaign and for the fourth time, under the Yoga Public Awareness Campaign, he had registered his name in the Guinness Record by making the longest envelope.
- Dr. Pillai, who has done PhD in Vedic Science, is the author of more than 5 hundred books.
Why in News?
According to the information received from the media on 23 May 2023, the Ministry of Coal has given the country's first ambitious project of its kind on green energy to the scientists of Banaras Hindu University (BHU) in Uttar Pradesh, under which scientists will work on converting coal into methane in its original condition inside the ground.
- In view of the energy crisis, the Ministry has given this important project on biomethanization of coal. Under this study, it will be seen how the organic method is effective in converting coal into 'methane' in in-situ (that natural and original condition, in which coal remains inside the ground) condition.
- This study will be done by Prof. Prakash Kumar Singh of Geology Department of BHU and Prof. Ashalata Singh of Botany.
- Pro. Prakash Singh and Prof. Ashalata Singh's team, in another project at DST, is studying how to reduce sulphur by biochemical techniques from sulphur-rich coal found in the Northeast of India and some other places. This can avoid the environmental damage caused by sulphur.
- Two results emerge from this study. Firstly, green energy can be obtained by converting coal into methane in the ground itself. Second, by stopping coal mining, the environment will also be saved from the adverse effects.
- Recently senior officials of CMPDI, Coal India visited BHU and learned about the details of the project.
Why in News?
On 23 May 2023, Bihar was ranked third in the country in the category of the best state in the National Water Awards 2022 by the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- The excellent works and efforts done by the Bihar government in the field of water conservation & management of water resources have been appreciated at the national level through this award.
- Water Resources and Information & Public Relations Minister Sanjay Kumar Jha said that 'Jal-Jeevan-Hariyali Abhiyan' has been started for the conservation and promotion of water and greenery. This campaign has also been appreciated by the United Nations.
- Efforts are being made to bring the most ambitious program announced in seven determinations to the ground.
- Work to be done under the most ambitious programs announced in seven decisions:
- Garaul Weir Irrigation Scheme, Darbhanga – This is a weir irrigation scheme on the old Kamla River, in which an irrigation facility has been provided through the head regulator.
- Jaitpura Pump Canal Scheme, Bhabhua- Through this, the water flow of the Karmnasha River will be made available for irrigation facilities in various blocks.
- Construction of Bataspur Weir on Mohane River in Bodhgaya block of Gaya district and modernization of distribution systems derived from Moratal Pine.
- Uderasthan Barrage Scheme, Bihar Sharif – This is a major irrigation scheme, which has developed irrigation potential in many blocks of Jehanabad and Gaya districts.
- Bihul Weir Irrigation Scheme, Madhubani – Gated weir on Bihul River near Laxmipur village, efflux dam on right & left side in its upstream where guide dam on both sides in downstream and protective works are to be completed. In this, the total length of the canal system discharged from the right main canal is 3.35 km and the length of the canal system discharged from the left main canal is 6.33 km.
- Under the Malai Barrage scheme, irrigation facilities will be made available in the Buxar district through a linkage canal by constructing a barrage on the Kond River in the Dawath block of Rohtas district.
- Balwaghat Barrage-cum-Irrigation Scheme, Madhubani - In this irrigation scheme based on Dhauns River near Balwa village, in addition to two head regulators (right and left), the renovation work of dilapidated sub-distributary (9.27 km.) and pine designed on the right side Restoration work (13.36 km) has been done according to the water seepage.
- It is known that the first National Water Award was started by the Ministry of Jal Shakti in 2018.
- The National Water Awards provide an excellent opportunity for start-ups as well as leading organizations in water resources to engage with policy-makers and brainstorm on how to adopt new & proper methods of water resource management in the best possible way.
- This time Madhya Pradesh has topped the best state category. After this, Odisha has been declared the second place while Andhra Pradesh and Bihar have been declared joint winners for the third place.
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the proposal to open 70 new sub-health centers to strengthen the health infrastructure in the state.
- Among them 11 in Sikar, 9 in Nagaur, 6-6 in Alwar & Karauli, 5 in Sawai Madhopur, four each in Bhilwara & Tonk, 3 each in Jaipur, Churu & Rajsamand, Chittorgarh, Dausa, Jalore, Jhunjhunu, Kota and Two sub-health centers each will be opened in Udaipur & 1 each in Ajmer, Baran, Bharatpur and Pali.
- For their operation, a post of a female health worker will be created in each sub-health center.
- It is worth mentioning that Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had announced in the budget to open sub-health centers in a phased manner.
Why in News?
On 23 May 2023, Rajasthan Housing Board Commissioner Pawan Arora was presented with a trophy and citation by officials who received 2 international awards 'The Golden Globe Tiger Awards' from Malaysia.
- It is worth mentioning that on May 16, the Rajasthan Housing Board in Malaysia was awarded 'The Golden Globe Awards for Excellence & Leadership' for 'Best Environment-Friendly Projects' and 'Best Innovative Project of the Year' by the jury of the World HRD Council.
- Due to administrative busyness, the Housing Commissioner himself could not go therefore sent the engineers to Malaysia to receive the award.
- It is worth mentioning that in the last four years under the leadership of Housing Commissioner Pawan Arora, the board has received a total of 17 awards. These include prestigious awards like the World Book of Records in House Sales, Skoch Award-2021, Award of Excellence, Honor by National Real Estate Development Council, National Housing Award, IBC and 'Star of Governance-Gold Award' and Real Estate Conclave by NAREDCO.
Why in News?
According to information received from the media on 23 May 2023, the girls of Maheshwar of Khargone district have won four medals in the Asian Canoe Slalom Competition held in Pattaya, Thailand.
- Sports Officer Pavi Dubey said that 11 players represented the country in the Water Sports Canoe Slalom Competition. In this, Shikha Chauhan from Khargone district of Madhya Pradesh won two bronze, Bhumi Baghel one bronze and Ahana Yadav won one bronze medal.
- Canoe slalom is a balancing sport in fast-flowing water. Competitors in canoe slalom compete over a white water course of up to 300 meters, where they must pass a maximum of 25 upstream and downstream gates as quickly as possible. It happens.
- Two types of boats are used in this sport: The first is the canoe, which is also called a Dongi in Hindi. The canoe is a special type of boat which is long, narrow and very light. With the canoe, the athlete is tied in a kneeling position and propels the boat using a paddle (single-blade paddle).
- And the other type of boat is called 'Kayak', which has double-bladed paddles. In this, athletes sit and participate in the race using two paddles.
- Canoe slalom was introduced in Switzerland in the early 1930s as an alternative to the summer sports of slalom skiing included in the winter sports. In the early days, however, races were held on flatwater rather than whitewater courses.
Why in News?
On 23 May 2023, 45 important projects worth more than Rs 100 crore of 11 major departments were reviewed in a high-level meeting with administrative secretaries in Chandigarh under the chairmanship of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal.
- The Chief Minister directed all the officers to ensure the time-bound execution of the projects so that the common people could be benefited from these public welfare projects.
- An ambitious Ranney Well project started by the state government to provide drinking water supply to 80 villages of the Firozpur Jhirka sub-division has been completed. It will be inaugurated soon by the Chief Minister. The cost of this project is about Rs 210 crore.
- It was informed in the meeting that the work of improvement of the water supply system at Balkhi in Mahendragarh district at a cost of Rs 114 crore will also be completed by July.
- Apart from this, a canal-based drinking water supply scheme to 35 villages in the Badhda assembly constituency and the improvement of the water supply system to 52 villages and 5 Dhanis of Nagina and Pingwan blocks in Nuh is also going on at a fast pace, which will be completed by the end of this year.
- The Chief Minister directed the officials to conduct a scientific study of the areas from Faridabad to Hodal where Ranney Well-based projects have been built.
- Apart from this, it should also be ensured that drinking water is not used for irrigation and illegal exploitation of drinking water supply systems should also be monitored.
- Instructions have also been given to the police officers to keep strict monitoring so that there is no theft of water. Along with this, a regulatory system should be prepared for the proper management of water.
- It was told in the meeting that the work of the apple, fruit and vegetable market being built in Pinjore at a cost of Rs 139 crore is in the final stage. Out of 52 shops, 39 have been allotted, and the process of allotment of the remaining shops is going on. Soon business will start in this market.
- Apart from this, the foundation stone of the international market to be built in Ganaur will be laid by the Chief Minister in the month of June.
- In the meeting, officials of the Medical Education and Research Department informed that the civil work of Pandit Neki Ram Sharma Medical College, being built at a cost of about Rs 536 crore in Bhiwani, has been completed. Admissions can be made in this college in the academic session 2024-25.
- Apart from this, the work of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya University of Health Sciences being built at Kutel in Karnal is under process. It will have a facility of 730 beds. The department is ready to start OPD services here by the end of this year.
- Along with this, the work of 6 Nursing Colleges being built across the state and Kalpana Chawla Medical College-Phase-2 in Karnal will also be completed within the stipulated time.
- Before the meeting, the Chief Minister launched the Haryana Project Monitoring System Portal for monitoring projects costing more than Rs 100 crore being implemented by various departments across the state. Now the entire process from the preparation of DPR by the departments till the final approval will be done through this portal.
- It was informed in the meeting that various infrastructure projects, including the road network, have been completed in Faridabad at a cost of Rs 325 crore, due to which the public is getting a lot of benefits.
- In the meeting, Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal informed the Chief Minister that the committee formed under his chairmanship is continuously reviewing projects worth more than Rs 100 crore for the speedy implementation of pending big projects across the state. So far 6 review meetings have been held and as a result, 12 mega projects worth Rs 1900 crore have been completed so far. Presently work is going on on more than 90 projects of 14 departments.
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, Draupadi Murmu, the President of India, inaugurated the new building of the Jharkhand High Court at Dhurwa in Ranchi, constructed at a cost of about Rs 550 crore.
- Chief Justice of India D.Y. Chandrachud, Jharkhand Governor C.P. Radhakrishnan, Union Law and Justice Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal, Jharkhand High Court Chief Justice Sanjay Kumar Mishra and Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren were present on the occasion.
- Its campus spread over 165 acres is bigger in terms of area than all the High Court campuses in the country. Its campus is many times bigger than the Supreme Court campus (22 acres).
- The new High Court building has 25 air-conditioned court rooms, 2 halls & 540 rooms with a seating capacity of 1,200 people. In the new campus, a library has been built in 30 thousand square feet, in which more than 5 lakh Law books can be kept.
Why in News?
According to the information received from the media on 24 May 2023, in the 6th National Mix Martial Arts Competition held in Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) from 17 to 21 May, the players of Bastar District and Bastar Martial Arts Academy created history by getting 5 gold and 1 bronze medal.
- In this competition, international player Palak Nag of Bastar district again won the gold medal in senior welterweight.
- Mahi Dongre won gold medal in Youth C 57 kg. category, Yejin Shreya Suna won gold medal in Youth C 44 kg category, Tanupriya Dutta won gold medal in Youth B 44 kg category, Shriya Sharma won gold medal in bottom weight in semi contact and Mahi Meshram won a bronze medal in the Youth A 52 kg category.
- It is worth mentioning that Palak Nag, a resident of Jagdalpur city of Bastar district of Chhattisgarh, won the silver medal for India in the 2022 Mixed Martial Arts International Championship held in Abu Dhabi.
- All medal winners practice at Bastar Martial Arts Academy. The players who have won gold medals will represent the country in the upcoming international competition.
- It is known that this is the second year in which Bastar's Daughters have shown their mettle in the mixed martial arts competition.
Why in News?
According to information received from the media on 23 May 2023, 61 players from Chhattisgarh have been selected for the National Muaythai Boxing Championship. A maximum of 28 players from Bastar are included in this.
- The competition will be organized by the United Muaythai Association India (UMAI) in Chennai from 25 to 30 May. During this, there will be a National Muaythai Championship and Pro Night Fight. The competition will be held in senior, junior, and sub-junior (boys and girls) categories.
- Out of 61 players selected from Chhattisgarh, there are 28 players (9 girls and 19 boys) from Bastar alone, while 16 players from Raipur, 9 from Balod and 8 from Korba have been selected.
- This team will leave to participate under the leadership of coach Abdul Moin, Women's Coach Naveen Thakur, Maqsuda Hussain, Suman Rao and The manager Rajendra Rajput, Krishna Kumar Yadav.
Why in News?
On 23 May 2023, Mohan Singh Rawat, Forest Officer of Dehradun Zoo, Uttarakhand, said that on the lines of the state's world-famous Jim Corbett and Rajaji Tiger Reserves, tiger safari will soon start in Dehradun Zoo as well.
- Here the track has been prepared for Tiger Safari, while the work of making 11 enclosures is in the final stage. As soon as the work of the enclosures is completed, a pair of tigers from Nainital Zoo will be shifted here. After this, the tourists will be able to see the total 25 hectares of the zoo area.
- It is known that till now the activities of the Zoo are being conducted only in an area of five hectares.
- The team of Central Zoo Authority (CZA) has also visited Dehradun Zoo to start Tiger Safari. As soon as the work of the enclosures is completed, once again the CZA team will permit inspecting the spot.
- In this track prepared for Tiger Safari, instead of Gypsy, tourists will be taken by electric vehicles, so that the noise and pollution of vehicles can be avoided.
- It is known that this zoo was started in the year 1976 as Van Chetna Kendra. Due to being in Malsi village and the number of deer being high, it was later named Malsi Deer Park. In March 2012, it was converted into a mini zoo. Now after the start of Tiger Safari here, the Zoo is going to get a new identity.
- In Doon Zoo, two cubs of Guldar(A local name given to Leopard) will be brought here from Chidiyapur Rescue Center in a month. Apart from this, two bears (sloth and black bear species), two foxes, and two hyenas will also be brought to the zoo.
- It is worth mentioning that at present there is a female Guldar, 23 types of birds, 23 types of wildlife, and ten species of snakes, crocodiles, and alligators in the zoo. Apart from this, an aquarium has been prepared for fish.
- Dehradun Zoo has always been a centre of tourist attraction. In the last year 2022, 7 lakh 65 thousand tourists came to the zoo. Every day 12 to 15 hundred tourists reach here, while on Sundays the number of tourists reaches 4 to 5 thousand. The zoo earned about 3 crores 35 lakh rupees. This money is spent on the care, food and other expenses of the wildlife.
- The carnivorous animals in the zoo are observed fasting on Tuesdays. No food is given to them on this day. This is done in view of their balanced diet.
Switch to Hindi