Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the proposal to open 70 new sub-health centers to strengthen the health infrastructure in the state.
- Among them 11 in Sikar, 9 in Nagaur, 6-6 in Alwar & Karauli, 5 in Sawai Madhopur, four each in Bhilwara & Tonk, 3 each in Jaipur, Churu & Rajsamand, Chittorgarh, Dausa, Jalore, Jhunjhunu, Kota and Two sub-health centers each will be opened in Udaipur & 1 each in Ajmer, Baran, Bharatpur and Pali.
- For their operation, a post of a female health worker will be created in each sub-health center.
- It is worth mentioning that Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had announced in the budget to open sub-health centers in a phased manner.
Why in News?
On 23 May 2023, Rajasthan Housing Board Commissioner Pawan Arora was presented with a trophy and citation by officials who received 2 international awards 'The Golden Globe Tiger Awards' from Malaysia.
- It is worth mentioning that on May 16, the Rajasthan Housing Board in Malaysia was awarded 'The Golden Globe Awards for Excellence & Leadership' for 'Best Environment-Friendly Projects' and 'Best Innovative Project of the Year' by the jury of the World HRD Council.
- Due to administrative busyness, the Housing Commissioner himself could not go therefore sent the engineers to Malaysia to receive the award.
- It is worth mentioning that in the last four years under the leadership of Housing Commissioner Pawan Arora, the board has received a total of 17 awards. These include prestigious awards like the World Book of Records in House Sales, Skoch Award-2021, Award of Excellence, Honor by National Real Estate Development Council, National Housing Award, IBC and 'Star of Governance-Gold Award' and Real Estate Conclave by NAREDCO.
Switch to Hindi