Why in News?
- On June 22, 2022, Chief Secretary of Rajasthan Usha Sharma instructed to install 1 lakh solar pumps under the scheme in a review meeting on Solar Agriculture Livelihood Scheme (Sky) under Prime Minister Kusum-Component-C (Feeder Level Solarization).
- The Chief Secretary also directed to increase the proposed strength of 33/11 kV GSS beyond 80 to ensure implementation of the scheme.
- In the meeting, Principal Secretary, Department of Energy, Bhaskar Atmaram Sawant said that for the successful implementation of the proposed sky scheme, a portal will be launched soon, through which farmers will be able to register and lease their land for up to 25 years to set up gss.
- He said that through the online portal, interested developers will also be able to select the land and construct solar power plants. A work award of 4.24 MW has been awarded under a pilot project in Tonk, under which 656 farmers will get solar energy.
- The key features of the Sky Scheme are-
- The farmer will be given attractive lease money for the land.
- 80,000 per hectare per hectare on land up to Rs.8 lakh (as per DLC rate) to farmers.
- Lease rent upto Rs.1 lakh 60 thousand per hectare on land above Rs.20 lakh.
- 5% increase in lease rentals every two years.
Why in News?
- Recently, the Rajasthan government has banned the use of single-use plastic items from July 1 in all government offices. Orders in this regard have been issued by the Department of Environment and Climate Change.
- Shikhar Agarwal, Principal Secretary, Government of Environment and Climate Change informed that the banned items include all types of plastic carry bags, plastic/thermocol (polystyrene) disposable cutlery, such as bowls, trays, containers, etc., which are used for serving eatables/drinks and artificial flowers, banners, flags, vases and belly bottles.
- The order states that no government office shall use the above single-use plastic items and can use options like compostable plastic, bio-degradable plastic, natural fabrics, recycled paper material etc. which have less impact on environment.
- The department has issued the present order in accordance with the rules imposed earlier. The order states that the Plastic Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2016 have been notified for management of plastic in an environment-friendly manner.
- In order to comply with the provisions of these rules, the State Government has issued a notification on 21st July, 2010 to ban plastic carry bags completely in the State.
- The central government issued a notification on August 12, 2021, banning single-use plastic items with effect from July 1, 2022.
Why in News?
- On June 21, 2022, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the proposal to name one government school in Jodhpur and Dungarpur districts after the freedom fighters.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has approved the proposal to rename the Government Model Higher Secondary School, Gilakaur of Saikala Panchayat Samiti of Jodhpur district after freedom fighter late Mangal Singh.
- Similarly, the Chief Minister also approved the proposal to rename the Government Higher Secondary School, Karawada of Jhoothri Panchayat Samiti in Dungarpur district after freedom fighter late Dhulji Bhai Verma.
- With this decision of the Chief Minister, the younger generation will be able to take inspiration from the sacrifices, struggles and life ideals of the brave fighters who awakened the spirit of freedom.
Why in News?
- Recently, Karauli district of Rajasthan has been ranked second in the category of 'Aspirational District' in the National MSME Award-2022.
- Giving this information through a letter to the Karauli District Collector, Deputy Director General of the Union Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, D.P. Srivastava said that this award will be given to the district for making excellent contribution in the development and promotion of MSME sector.
- He said that the award under the Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi will soon be held at a function.
- Sirohi, Dholpur, Jaisalmer and Karauli districts of the state have been selected under the 'Aspirational District' programme, out of which Karauli district has secured the second position for its best work.
- The 'Aspirational Districts' programme is an ambitious scheme of the Government of India, through which the progressive districts of the country are honoured for their outstanding work in a particular region.
- It may be recalled that the National MSME Awards were instituted in 1983 to honour outstanding performers in the fields of entrepreneurship (manufacturing and services), product quality, innovation, export and manufacturing techniques .
- National Award winners have the right to use the award insignia in their letter heads and their employees may wear a label, pin, tie or other distinctive badge bearing this insignia.
Switch to Hindi