Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- On 21st September, 2021, Industries Minister Parsadi Lal Meena launched the 'Vanijya Utsav' under the Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi at Jawahar Kala Kendra and also visited the exhibition of handicraft products put up by Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH).
- On this occasion, the Industries Minister said that the Industries and Commerce Department would lay the foundation stone of 75 industrial areas simultaneously to make the festival memorable.
- Meena said that the Mission 'Be an Exporter' has been started by the Industries and Commerce Department with the aim of promoting exports from the state, under which people are being made aware about the activities related to exports.
- Ashutosh A.T., Secretary to the Government of Industry and Commerce and Managing Director of RIICO. Pednekar said that 'Vanijya Saptah' is being organized across the country to increase the export activities under the Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi.
- He said that RIPS-2019 has been successful in attracting unexpected investments in the state. So far, investment proposals worth Rs 1 lakh crore have been received under the scheme.
- Chandrakant Mishra, Joint Director General of Foreign Trade said that after the 'Be an Exporter' mission run by the Industries Department, the number of people taking new IEC codes has increased. He said that this is probably the first such mission in the country, under which the government itself is saying that ‘you become an exporter, we will help you’.
Switch to Hindi