Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- On October 20, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Kushinagar International Airport constructed at a cost of about Rs 254 crore in district Kushinagar.
- On this occasion, the Prime Minister inaugurated/laid the foundation stone of 12 development works worth Rs 180.66 crore including the foundation stone of Government Medical College, Kushinagar at a cost of Rs 281.45 crore in district Kushinagar.
- It is to be noted that from the year 1947 to the year 2014, only 2 airports in Uttar Pradesh - Lucknow, and Varanasi were functional. The connectivity of the state was also at that time only for 15 to 16 places.
- This will be the 9th functional airport of the state, now Uttar Pradesh is directly connected with air service at 75 destinations.
- It is the third international airport of the state after Kushinagar, Ayodhya and Noida International Airport. At present work is going on on 11 new airports in Uttar Pradesh.
- Kushinagar International Airport will be helpful in the development of East Uttar Pradesh as well as North West Bihar.
- Apart from becoming a medium of air connectivity, Kushinagar International Airport will directly benefit farmers, livestock farmers, shopkeepers, workers, entrepreneurs etc. Tourism, travel taxi, hotel-restaurant, small business people will get the most benefit here. Also, new employment opportunities will be created for the youth of this area.
- Diplomats from 12 countries participated in the opening ceremony of this airport. This airport will connect Sri Lanka, Nepal, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Laos and many countries of South-East Asia by international air service with India.
- Kushinagar is the center of faith and inspiration for the Buddhists of the world. This is the Mahaparinirvana site of Lord Buddha.
Switch to Hindi