Why in News
On October 19, 2021, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated the Khadi Festival and Silk Expo-2021 under the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav in Lucknow. Organized by Uttar Pradesh Khadi and Village Industries Board and Silk Department, this exhibition will run till October 30, 2021.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister presented checks, loan approval certificates and state level awards to the beneficiaries of Pandit Deendayal Khadi Marketing Development Assistance Scheme, Mukhyamantri Gramodyog Rozgar Yojana and Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme. Along with this, Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay also distributed Sericulture Productivity Awards.
- Earlier, he distributed solar charkha, electric wheel, dona-pattal manufacturing machines and toolkits to the beneficiaries of Mati Kala Board.
- Under Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Khadi Marketing Development Assistance Scheme, claims worth Rs 33 crore 37 lakh 62 thousand of 307 Khadi institutions were paid from financial year 2017-18 to 2021-22. In this, incentive bonus of Rs. 9 crore 52 lakh 92 thousand was paid to 1 lakh 61 thousand 345 workers working in Khadi institutions.
- The Chief Minister said that in the financial year 2021-22, claims worth Rs 4 crore 87 lakh 35 thousand were paid to 136 Khadi institutions. In this, incentive bonus of Rs 1 crore 65 lakh 70 thousand was paid to 25,474 workers.
- Toolkits program is being conducted under Khadi and Village Industries Development and Sustainable Self-Employment Promotion Policy. Under this, free solar charkha has been distributed to Khadi institutions with the aim of increasing Khadi production and increasing the income of Khadi workers.
- The Chief Minister said that in the last three years, 3,803 beneficiaries were given free toolkits and solar charkha, electric pottery wheel, dona-pattal machine and modern furnace-pygmill. The target is to distribute 2,501 toolkits in the financial year 2021-22.
- He said that Khadi and Village Industries Development and Sustainable Self-Employment Promotion Machine (Popcorn Making Machine) and Dona-Pattal making machines have been distributed free of cost to the traditional and other related artisans engaged in Dona-Pattal work.
- In total 57 districts of Uttar Pradesh 3 different types of silk are produced. Mulberry silk is produced in 44 districts of plains, tussar silk in 13 districts of Vindhyachal and Bundelkhand and Eri silk in 8 districts on the banks of Yamuna. The silk consumption of the state is 3 thousand metric tonnes, while the silk production is 300 metric tonnes.
- For plantation, coco production and threading for silk production, 75 percent of the general category beneficiaries and 90 percent of the production grant and free training and technical assistance are given to the beneficiaries of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes by the central and state governments.
- The training program was started by the state government in the year 2018 after completing the construction of Iron Man Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Government Training Institute located in Mirzapur. Similarly, in the year 2019, threading is being done in the state itself by setting up one reeling machine each in Pilibhit and Bahraich districts. In this financial year 13 more reeling machines have been approved.
Why in News
On October 19, 2021, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the third special Communicable Disease Control Campaign and Dastak Campaign to be operated in the state in Basti district. On this occasion, he flagged off the promotional vehicles.
- The Chief Minister said that the communicable disease control campaign started from the year 2017 was started in 7 districts of Gorakhpur and Basti mandals in the first phase, in 38 districts in the second phase and the third phase in the entire state.
- On this occasion, State Medical and Health Minister Jai Pratap Singh said that this campaign is being conducted by inter-departmental coordination. He said that along with measures to prevent communicable diseases, treatment facilities have been increased at district hospitals and CHCs/PHCs in rural areas.
- Additional Chief Secretary, Health Amit Mohan Prasad informed that from October 19 to November 17, 2021, special communicable disease control campaign and from October 19 to November 1, 2021, Dastak campaign will be conducted in the entire state.
Switch to Hindi