Why in News
- Recently, a Fellowship course in Homeopathy has been approved by Madhya Pradesh University of Medical Sciences.
- For the first time in the country, a six-month fellowship course is being started in Government Homeopathy Colleges of Bhopal from the current session to prepare super specialists in Homeopathy.
- 20 subjects, such as Diabetes Management, Hospital Management, Pharmacovigilance etc. have been selected for the fellowship.
- The benefits of this initiative are as follows-
- Specialist clinics can be started in homeopathy colleges.
- These doctors can be used in government schemes like National Health Mission, which will reduce the regional disparity in the availability of doctors.
- A separate unit can be created in homeopathy hospitals for the treatment of specific diseases, such as obesity, geriatric diseases, neurological disorders, etc. As a result, people will have easy access to secondary and tertiary health care facilities.
Why in News
- Recently, positive changes were made in the DNA of red maize seeds with the help of electron beam irradiation at Krishi Vigyan Kendra located at Kasturba village, Indore.
- This experiment has been done by Krishi Vigyan Kendra Indore in collaboration with Raja Ramanna Center for Advanced Technology.
- Red maize has high protein content along with anti-carcinogenic properties, so it has been used to increase its production.
- This genetic variation will not only reduce the height of the red maize, but also increase the length of its cob.
- Electron beam radiation is also being used in other areas, such as cancer treatment, treatment of environmental pollutants such as VOCs (Volatile organic compounds), food preservation, etc.
Switch to Hindi