Why in News
- On January 19, 2022, Rajasthan Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Minister Lalchand Kataria laid the foundation stone of the 16th Animal Science Center of the Veterinary University at Jobner (Jaipur).
- On this occasion, Minister Kataria said that such techniques should be developed in the field of animal husbandry, which can increase the production capacity of indigenous cattle and other animals and youth can take inspiration from it and adopt it as self-employment.
- The Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof. Satish K Garg said that through the Animal Science Centers operated under the Veterinary University, the animal owners are made aware of the scientific techniques and innovations of animal husbandry. Skill development of cattle rearers is being done by organizing various training programs.
- The opening of this new animal science center will directly benefit the farmers and livestock owners of this area, which will prove helpful in their economic upliftment.
- It is noteworthy that in view of the animal husbandry development and welfare of animal husbandry in the state, the Chief Minister had announced the opening of Animal Science Center in Jobner in the budget announcement for the year 2021-22. For the implementation of Animal Science Center, financial approval has also been given by the state government for the approval of posts, construction work of the center, purchase of necessary equipment and furniture and office expenses.
Why in News
- On January 19, 2022, in the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot through video conference, many important policy decisions were taken along with approval for the formation of Rajasthan State Agro Industries Development Board.
- The Cabinet has approved the formation of Rajasthan State Agro Industries Development Board with the objective of increasing the income of farmers by strengthening the agricultural marketing mechanism in the state. This board will give suggestions regarding making concrete policy and its effective implementation to increase the income of farmers. Along with this, a framework will be prepared to connect more and more farmers of the state with agro-processing and value addition.
- It is noteworthy that in order to promote the processing, business and export of agricultural products in the state, the state government had implemented the Agro Processing, Agribusiness and Agriculture Export Policy-2019. After this policy, the formation of this board is another big step in the direction of promoting the export of agricultural commodities produced in the state, such as cumin, coriander, garlic, isabgol, pomegranate, dates, onions etc. and to ensure their international recognition.
- The cabinet has decided to amend the educational qualification for the post of curator in the Department of Archeology and Museums. With this decision, students of history as well as candidates of museology will also get an opportunity to appear in the competitive examination of this post. With this, the work of management of museums can be done with new technology and scientific methods.
- The cabinet approved an amendment in the Rajasthan Ground Water Service Rules, 1969 to fill the posts of Junior Geophysicist in Ground Water Department by 50 percent direct recruitment and 50 percent promotion instead of 75 percent direct recruitment and 25 percent promotion. has given. Along with this, it has also been approved to increase the minimum experience for promotion to five years instead of two years. This will provide equal opportunities for promotion in the department.
- Along with this, the Cabinet has approved amendment in Rule 19 of Rajasthan Medical and Health Subordinate Services Rules, 1965 (as amended). With this, pharmacists working on contract in the cooperative department will get the benefit of bonus marks in recruitment.
- The Cabinet has approved the draft of Vyas Vidyapeeth University, Jodhpur Bill, 2021 to encourage private participation in the field of higher education. After the approval of the cabinet, now this bill will be presented in the assembly and the passage of the bill will pave the way for the establishment of this university.
Switch to Hindi