Why in News?
On August 18, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced to start Swami Atmanand English Medium Adarsh Mahavidyalaya in a phased manner in Chhattisgarh.
- The Chief Minister has directed the Chief Secretary to submit an action plan in 10 days regarding starting Swami Atmanand English Medium Adarsh Mahavidyalaya (Swami Atmanand English Medium Model College).
- With this decision of the Chief Minister, children studying in English medium schools will no longer have to go out for higher education after 12th. Quality higher education in English medium will be available in the state itself.
- In the first phase, from the coming academic session June 2023, at least 10 English medium colleges will be opened in major cities of the state. Similarly, in the next three years, English medium colleges will be opened in all the district headquarters of the state.
- It is noteworthy that on the special initiative of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the State Government has started Swami Atmanand English Medium School to provide quality education in English medium to the children of weaker sections and middle class families of the society. Last year 51 schools were started, due to the popularity of these schools the number of Swami Atmanand English Medium Schools has increased to 247 at present.
- Now with the start of Swami Atmanand English Medium Adarsh Mahavidyalaya, children studying in these schools as well as children of private English medium schools will not have to go out for higher education in English medium.
- Seeing the success of this scheme, on August 15, 2022, the Chief Minister had announced to implement Swami Atmanand Utkrisht Vidyalaya Yojana in 422 schools of the state before the upcoming academic session in the state. Out of these, 252 schools will be in Bastar and Surguja divisions.
- 100 percent government high schools and higher secondary schools of Dantewada district will be transformed as Swami Atmanand Utkrisht Vidyalaya.
- The Chief Minister has said that the education revolution of Chhattisgarh will present the best education model of the country in the future.
Switch to Hindi