Why In news?
- On August 15, 2022, on the glorious occasion of Amrit Mahotsav of Independence, Ankita Gupta of Chhattisgarh hoisted the tricolor given by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on Mount Elbrus, the highest peak of the European continent.
- Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel had presented the national flag to young mountaineer Ankita at his residence on August 3 before going to Europe.
- Mount Elbrus (West), the highest peak on the European continent, has an elevation of 5,642 metres (18,510 ft), with temperatures ranging from -25 to -30 degrees Celsius and wind speeds of 45 to 50 km. remains up to. Even in these odd circumstances, Ankita made the 76th anniversary of Independence more memorable by waving the tricolor at 5.43 am on The morning of August 15.
- Reaching the peak, Ankita showcased the Chhattisgarh model of justice and empowerment of the state government. After this, on the second day on August 16, he hoisted the national flag at 4.23 am on mount Elbrus (East) mountain, 5621 meters high located in the continent of Europe.
- Ankita Gupta is originally from Kawardha. At present, she is working as a constable under the police department in Kabirdham district. The Chhattisgarh state government has given financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh to Ankita to participate in mountaineering in Europe.
- Ankita Gupta said that this success is dedicated to the freedom fighters and martyrs of the country. He said that in the month of January, the 6080 meter high peak of UT Kangri in Leh Ladakh was fateh at -39 degrees Celsius. His goal now is to increase the value of the country by hoisting the tricolor in the top of the seven continents.
Why In news?
- On August 17, 2022, Chhattisgarh Agriculture Minister Ravindra Choubey inaugurated the two-day Rabi Pulses Workshop and Annual Group Meeting organized by Indira Gandhi Agricultural University in collaboration with Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
- In this two-day Rabi Pulses Workshop, discussions are being held on the development, research and production technology of new improved varieties to increase the production of gram, moong, urad, masoor, tivra, rajma and peas.
- It is noteworthy that more than 100 pulses scientists from different states of the country have participated in this workshop and annual group meeting organized to prepare an action plan and strategy for Research and Development to promote the production of pulses crops in the country.
- Deputy Director General, Indian Council of Agricultural Research T. R. Speaking on the occasion, Sharma said that special efforts are being made by the Central Government to make India self-reliant in the field of pulses production and reduce its import, as a result of which the country is likely to produce 2 crore 80 lakh metric tonnes of pulses this year. Significantly, in the year 2016, 1 crore 60 lakh metric tonnes of pulses were produced in the country.
- He stressed on increasing the use of mechanization and growing resistant and improved varieties of pulses crops to boost their production.
- Assistant Director General, Indian Council of Agricultural Research Sanjeev Gupta said that Chhattisgarh, known as a paddy bowl, is also making its mark in the field of pulses production today. He congratulated Indira Gandhi Agricultural University for developing new improved varieties of pulses crops. He said that the tivda crop grown in Chhattisgarh can play an important role in the field of providing food security.
- Vice Chancellor of Indira Gandhi Agricultural University Girish Chandel said that at present pulses crops are being taken in about 11 lakh hectare area in Chhattisgarh, in which arhar, gram, moong, urad, masoor, kulthi, tivda, rajma and peas are prominent.
- Three All India Coordinated Research Projects - Mularp Crops (Moong, Urad, Masoor, Tivda, Rajma, Peas), Gram and Arhar are being conducted at Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur for research and dissemination work on pulses crops, under which development of new improved varieties, Production technology and frontline demonstration work is being done on the fields of farmers.
- So far, a total of 25 varieties of improved and disease-resistant varieties of various pulses crops have been developed by the university, including 2 varieties of moong, 1 urad, 3 of arhar, 6 of kulthi, 1 of cowpea, 5 of gram, 4 of peas, 2 of tivra and 1 variety of lentil.
- Vice-Chancellor Dr. Girish Chandel said that two improved varieties of Tivda, the major pulses crop of Chhattisgarh, have been developed by the university, which are completely safe for human use. New agricultural implements are being developed by the university to promote mechanization in pulses crops.
- On this occasion, State Agriculture Minister Ravindra Choubey said that in order to promote the production of pulses crops in Chhattisgarh, special incentives are being given to the farmers growing pulses, under which a grant of Rs 9,000 per acre is being given to the farmers producing pulses instead of paddy.
- He said that in order to promote pulses production, the state government is procuring tur and urad from farmers at the rate of Rs 8000 per quintal instead of the support price of Rs 6600.
- Due to the efforts of the state government, the area and production of pulses in the state has increased in the last years and today pulses crops are being cultivated in an area of 11 lakh hectares, which is expected to increase to 15 lakh hectares in the next two years.
Why In news?
- On August 17, 2022, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between The Central Electricity Research Institute, Bengaluru and the Government of Chhattisgarh for the establishment of a National level laboratory and testing center for testing of electrical equipment at Naya Raipur in a program organized under the chairmanship of Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel at his residence office.
- Ankit Anand, Secretary, Chhattisgarh Energy Department and B. A. Sawale, signed the MoU.
- The Regional Test Laboratory to be set up by the Central Electricity Research Institute, Bangalore at Nava Raipur will be the largest laboratory in Central India, with facilities for transformers, routine tests, meter testing, oil testing and routine testing of all electrical equipment. At present, electrical equipment is sent to Bhopal for testing.
- With this facility available in Chhattisgarh, time and revenue will be saved. In this laboratory, power companies will be given a concession of 20 percent in testing. A training centre will also be set up under the laboratory, which will enhance the technical skills of employees of power companies and private institutions.
- Atal Nagar Naya Raipur Development Authority has allotted 10 acres of land in Layer-2 village- Leopard, Sector-30 of Naya Raipur area for setting up laboratory and testing center.
- The work of setting up the laboratory will be completed in 36 months at a cost of Rs 20 crore 70 lakh.
- The regional test laboratory to be set up in Raipur will have facilities of high voltage laboratory (impulse test 400 kV), routine test laboratory for transformer (up to 10 MVA), temperature rise test facility for transformer (up to 10 MVA), energy meter test laboratory for smart meter and cyber security test laboratory for substation equipment and smart meter.
- It is noteworthy that The Central Electricity Research Institute is a Public Sector Undertaking constituted under the Ministry of Power, Government of India. The institute provides various services to ensure quality in power sector manufacturers and utilities, promotion of applied research in power sector and consultancy services to improve efficiency and reliability in the field of engineering.
Why In news?
- On August 17, 2022, the international boxing competition 'The Jungle Rumble' was organized at Sardar Balbir Singh Juneja Stadium in Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh. In one of the bouts, professional Indian boxer Vijender Singh defeated Ghana's Eliasu Sule.
- The International Boxing Competition 'The Jungle Rumble' competition had five interesting bouts. The first match in the light weight group was between Ameya Nitin and Asad Asif Khan. Asad won the match. The second match was between Ashish Sharma and Karthik Satish Kumar, in which Karthik Satish Kumar was declared the winner. The third match was between Shaikom and Gurpreet Singh. Gurpreet Singh became the winner of this match.
- The fourth bout of boxing was between Sachin Nautiyal vs Faizan Anwar. Sachin Nautiyal was battered by rival Faizan's punch and left the ring. Under the rules of the game, the referee declared Faizan the winner.
- The biggest attraction of this boxing competition was the fight between professional Indian boxer Vijender Singh and Ghana's Eliasu Sule. In this match, Vijender Singh defeated Eliasu Sule with his strong punch. In the fifth and final match of 'The Jungle Rumble', Eliasu was dusted in just 02 minutes 07 seconds.
- Significantly, this is the first professional boxing competition in Chhattisgarh's capital Raipur. Vijender Singh, India's first professional boxer, was training extensively for the bout.
- On June 8, professional boxer Vijender Singh had met Chief Minister Bhupendra Baghel and requested him to organise a professional boxing match in Chhattisgarh. The Chief Minister had accepted this request and in the same context, an international boxing competition was organized in the capital Raipur on the initiative of the Chief Minister. Vijender Singh entered the ring after almost 19 months.
- On the question of efforts to promote sports in Chhattisgarh, the Chief Minister said that a sports academy has been established in the state and a separate authority has also been created for sports. With this, the work of infrastructure development and grooming of players will be done simultaneously.
- Baghel said that cricket's road safety match was held in Chhattisgarh. Many big players have demonstrated their game. The state has already represented the state in women's hockey, now in the Commonwealth Games, the state's daughter Aarushi Kashyap has won a medal in badminton. There are many possibilities in archery too. Such events will give a new dimension to sports in the state.
Switch to Hindi