Why in News?
- On August 15, 2022, three soldiers of Rohtas Police were awarded the President's Police Meritorious Service Medal in the Independence Day program organized at Rohtas Police Line, Bihar.
- Rohtas district's SP Ashish Bharti and DM Dharmendra Kumar gave this award to the three jawans - constables Deepak Kumar Poddar, Vyas Prasad and Basant Kumar.
- On this occasion, the SP informed that Rohtas Police had sent a proposal of 6 qualified police officers and personnel, out of which 3 policemen have been awarded President Police Meritorious Service Medal.
- It is worth mentioning that the President's Police Medal has been announced on the eve of 76th Independence Day. The names of three police constables of Rohtas have been included in them. The police personnel who have received the President's Medal include Deepak Kumar Poddar of Dehri Police Line and two jawans of Rohtas District Police, Vyas Prasad and Basant Kumar.
- The SP said that the President's Police Meritorious Service Medal is one of the highest police awards. It is given to those police officers/personnel who have completed at least 18 years of their service and their entire service life has been commendable.
- It is noteworthy that Sepoy Deepak Kumar Poddar has been working in the police service since the year 2000, Vyas Prasad from the year 1999 and Basant Kumar since the year 2000.
Switch to Hindi