Why in News?
- On August 10, 2022, Janata Dal United (JDU) leader Nitish Kumar took the oath of office and secrecy as the Chief Minister of Bihar for the eighth time. Governor Fagu Chauhan administered the oath to him.
- Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Tejashwi Yadav took oath as the Deputy Chief Minister. It is worth mentioning that Nitish Kumar has taken oath as the Chief Minister of Bihar for the eighth time while Tejashwi Yadav has taken oath for the second time as the Deputy Chief Minister.
- On August 9, 2022, after the split of Janata Dal United from the National Democratic Alliance led by the Bharatiya Janata Party, Nitish Kumar was unanimously elected the leader of the Grand Alliance in a joint meeting of Janata Dal United, Rashtriya Janata Dal and Congress. After this, Nitish Kumar met Governor Fagu Chauhan and submitted a claim to form a new government.
- He submitted the list of support from 164 MLAs of seven parties to the Governor. These include Rashtriya Janata Dal, Congress, Hindustani Awam Morcha, Left parties and an independent MLA.
- Significantly, on March 3, 2000, Nitish Kumar became the Chief Minister of Bihar for the first time. After that from 2005 to 2010, from 2010 to 2014, again in the year 2015, from 2015 to 2017, from 2017 to 2020, from 2020 to August 8, 2022 and again in 2022, now he has become the Chief Minister for the 8th time.
Switch to Hindi