Why in News
- Recently, BJP MP from Ranchi, Sanjay Seth has started a computer bank on the lines of book bank to make rural students computer literate.
- The MP said that he is collecting old computers and laptops, which people do not use. The collected unused computers and laptops will be made available to the rural students so that they too can become computer literate.
- He said that in times of pandemic when most of the educational institutions are closed and have moved to online mode of education, these computers will be very helpful for the students to continue their studies.
- This laptop will be given to such schools in rural areas, where children are taking computer education, but they do not have a computer. The MP has urged people from all sections of the society to help in these efforts.
- He said that with the advancement of technology people are not using old computers. These computers that are functional but not in use can be very useful for students who are interested in learning computers.
- It is noteworthy that a few months before the launch of the computer bank, the MP had launched a book bank for the rural underprivileged students at his office in Argora. The book bank houses books on various subjects donated from different areas in and around Ranchi, mostly school and intermediate level books.
Why in News
- On January 18, 2022, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren inaugurated the state-of-the-art Prime Scan Ecosystem of Machines at Dental Hospital, Bokaro through virtual medium.
- The Chief Minister said that it is a matter of pride to have this state-of-the-art machine in the field of dentistry in a state like Jharkhand. With this all the diseases related to teeth will be completely cured. People here will not have to go to big hospitals of big cities for dental diseases.
- On this occasion, the operators of the hospital told that for the first time in Jharkhand and Bihar, the facility of this state-of-the-art Prime Scan Ecosystem of Machine is going to be available to the people. Effective and precise treatment of teeth can be done through this machine.
- Apart from this, where earlier the treatment of teeth used to take several days, now through this machine, complete treatment of diseases related to teeth can be done in very less time. People will not have to make frequent visits to doctors and hospitals for dental treatment.
Why in News
- On January 18, 2022, the CEO of Vedanta ESL Steel Limited, N.L. Watte inaugurated a newly constructed 'Safety Park' at the Industrial Complex of ESL with an aim to raise awareness about safety amongst the employees. This includes a variety of safety equipment models.
- Speaking on the occasion, Vette said that ESL always aims to fulfill its business goals by providing a safe and clean environment to its employees and contributing to the welfare of the society and inclusive growth of the country.
- He said that with the help of this safety park, we can fulfill our goal of 'Zero Damage' by making our employees aware of all types of safety.
- ESL aims to improve safety and environment in the coming days. Safety training has been made mandatory for all new employees and business partners. AI based cameras and sensor devices have been installed for vigilance at important places.
- Health risks of employees and business partners are being monitored, PPE bank has been set up to issue PPE to employees and business partners.
Switch to Hindi