Why in News
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has directed all the heads of departments to ensure that all schemes and services of their respective departments are linked to the Parivar Pehchan Patra (PPP) by November 1, 2021.
- Launched in the spirit of Antyodaya, PPP is an ambitious scheme of the state government, which aims to provide the benefits of all government welfare programs and services to eligible families.
- Haryana is the first state in the country to make such a scheme for making family identity cards or Parivar Pehchan Patra for every family. So far, no such scheme has been started either in the country or abroad.
- Mentioning the benefits of the PPP scheme, the Chief Minister said that after linking PPP with admission in colleges, automatic verification of students' data was done. With this, now students will not have to go here and there for their verification work.
- Earlier, there was no system to verify the beneficiaries but now there will be complete transparency in the implementation of government schemes through PPP.
- With the introduction of the PPP, it will be easier to find out which person is eligible for which scheme and who has not yet received the benefits.
- With the introduction of this scheme, now the benefits of government schemes can also be available through smart cards linked to the PPP.
- Initially, Ayushman Bharat, Public Ration Distribution System, Mukhyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana and the pension scheme will be linked with the smart cards.
Switch to Hindi