Agreed on the Proposal to Give Two Years Child Care Leave to Single Parent Officers in Uttar Pradesh
Why In News?
- On 15 March 2023, according to media information received on the facility to All India Service officers (IAS Uttar Pradesh government, IPS and IFS to provide two years have given its consent to the proposal of the Central Government (730 days) childcare leave - CCL) who are performing the responsibility of single parents.
- It is notable that the opinion of the states was sought by the Central Government on the proposal to provide Child Care Leave (CCL) facility of two years (730 days) to the All-India Service officers (IAS, IPS and IFS) performing the responsibility of a single parent. Such a facility has already been made available to central employees.
- According to the information, many important changes have been proposed in the existing system of Child Care Leave. The Central Government is going to amend the All-India Service Leave Rules-1955 for this. The Uttar Pradesh government has agreed to all the five amendments proposed in the rule.
- Male guardian is included as unmarried, widowed or divorced. This facility will be available in situations like education or illness of two children up to 18 years of age.
- A senior central government official said that the misuse of this leave had increased. The proposed change will discourage its unnecessary use.
Switch to Hindi