Why in News
- On October 15, 2021, Minister of State for Women and Child Development Mamta Bhupesh inaugurated 'National Amrita Haat' at Shilpgram, Jawahar Kala Kendra in Jaipur to provide a marketplace for the sale of handmade products by women of Self Help Groups. Apart from this, awareness chariots prepared by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) were also flagged off.
- The Minister of State for Women and Child Development said on the occasion that Amrita Haat would encourage the hard work and skills of these women and would help in making them self-reliant.
- He said that during the festive season, household necessities and handmade decorative and artistic and quality items can be purchased from here.
- At Amrita Haat, embroidery, lac bangles, paper-made products, salwar-suits, terracotta, Kashmiri wool shawls, artificial jewellery, chicken and jewellery work, glass and patchwork, Murabba, spices and other attractive handmade products are available to the customers at reasonable prices.
- National Amrita Haat is being organized in Shilpgram from October 15 to 24, 2021 for the purpose of exhibition and sale of handmade products of different places at one place for the residents of Jaipur.
- Around 140 stalls from different regions of the state have been set up in this Haat. The entry of visitors to the fair is free. Many delicious dishes are also available for sale in the fair premises for the visitors.
Why in News
- Revenue Day was celebrated on October 15, 2021, by the Rajasthan Revenue Department under the chairmanship of Revenue Minister Harish Chaudhary.
- In the program organized on Revenue Day, the personnel of Jaipur district of Revenue Department, Kishangarh Renwal Tehsildar Suman Chaudhary, Sanganer Naib Tehsildar Niru Singh, Land Records Inspector Gopal Singh and Patwari Rajendra Singh Gurjar were honoured.
- Revenue Minister Harish Choudhary had announced to observe 15 October as Revenue Day in the state during his speech on the Budget Demands for Grants of the Revenue Department on February 28, 2020, in the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly.
- The Rajasthan Tenancy Act came into force on October 15, 1955, which made Khatedari rights possible for the tenants.
Why in News
- On October 15, 2021, Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya, Bhopal started the traditional food program 'Zayka' of the Bhil tribe on the demand of visitors visiting the museum.
- In this regard, Director Dr. Praveen Kumar Mishra said that in the last two decades, all the big scientists of the world have proved through their research that adopting the natural diet of the tribes can get rid of many diseases caused by the deficiency of nutrients.
- In the canteen of the museum every Saturday and Sunday from 1 pm to 4 pm, traditional food of Bhil tribe of Madhya Pradesh, Makke ki Roti, Baingan Ka Bharta, Coriander-Garlic Chutney, Jaggery etc. is available.
- By consuming Makke ki roti, the body gets fibre, which helps in getting relief from digestive problems. It also helps in controlling the cholesterol level in the body. Also, a diet rich in fibre does not cause hunger for a long time.
Why in News
- On October 14, 2021, Madhya Pradesh Governor Mangubhai Patel administered the oath of office and secrecy to the newly appointed Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court Ravi Vijaykumar Malimath at Sandipani Auditorium, Raj Bhavan.
- On September 16, 2021, the Supreme Court Collegium had recommended the transfer of several other judges, including the Chief Justice of eight states of the country. These included the recommendation to transfer the then Madhya Pradesh Justice Mohammad Rafiq to Himachal Pradesh and the Acting Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh Ravi Malimath to Madhya Pradesh.
- Born on May 25, 1962, Justice Malimath started his practice in the Karnataka High Court on January 28, 1987. He specialized in constitutional, civil, criminal, labour and service matters as an advocate. He was appointed as an additional judge of the Karnataka High Court on February 18, 2008, and as a permanent judge on February 17, 2010.
- He assumed the post of Judge of the High Court of Uttarakhand on March 5, 2020. On July 28, 2020, he was appointed as the Acting Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand High Court. After this, he took charge as the Judge of Himachal Pradesh High Court on January 7, 2021, and on June 28, 2021, he took an oath as the Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh.
Why in News
- On October 14, 2021, the state-level 'Ladli Laxmi Utsav' was organized virtually in every Anganwadi and Panchayat Bhawan in Madhya Pradesh.
- Around 40 lakh Ladli Laxmi daughters were virtually added to this program. In this program, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan transferred a scholarship of Rs 5.99 crore to the accounts of 21,550 Ladliyon of the state during the 'Ladli Laxmi Utsav' through a single click.
- The Government of Madhya Pradesh had implemented 'Ladli Laxmi Yojana' on 1 April 2007 with the objective of creating positive thinking among the public towards girl child birth, improving sex ratio, improving the educational status and health status of girls and laying the foundation for their good future.
- Since the inception of the scheme, 39.81 lakh girls across the state are getting benefited by getting registered under Ladli Laxmi Yojana.
- Along with this, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh announced the launch of Ladli Laxmi Yojana 2.0 'Atmanirbhar Ladli', so that every daughter of the state would be socially and financially empowered.
- Under this scheme, the state government will provide an amount of 20 thousand rupees to the girl students pursuing graduation and vocational courses after completing two years of education. An amount of Rs 25,000 will be given to Ladli Laxmi daughters who take admission to the college. Also, Ladli Laxmi Friendly Gram Panchayat/Village will be declared on the basis of the number of birth of daughters.
- Digital and Financial Literacy Center will be set up in every government school (including all girls hostels). Every Ladli Laxmi will be given training regarding Learning Driving License on attaining the age of 18 years.
- Ladli Laxmi Yojana 2.0 To improve the self-reliant Ladli, changes will also be made in the scheme by taking suggestions from the general public. Ladli Laxmi Utsav will also be organized once a year in every district of the state.
Why in News
- 'Haryana Sanjhi Utsav' was organized from 7th to 15th October 2021 under the joint aegis of Art and Cultural Affairs Department and Virasat Heritage Village, Kurukshetra. Kurukshetra secured the first position in this festival.
- Nirmala Devi, 65, representing Team No. 22, won the first prize, while Chando Devi of Kaithal, representing Team No. 24, bagged the second prize in the festival.
- Similarly, Simran of Karnal representing Team No. 2, Ramandeep of Kurukshetra representing Team No. 23 got the fourth position and Mukesh Rani of Karnal representing Team No. 19 got the fifth position. A special award was presented to 65-year-old Suraj Devi, a resident of Ballabhgarh, team number 29.
- The first prize winner was given prize money of Rs 51,000, the second prize winner Rs 31,000 and the third prize winner Rs. 21,000.
- 2 women artists were given Rs. 11,000 as a consolation prize and Rs.51,000 to the female artist who won the special prize.
- Renu Hooda, in charge of the Department of Art and Cultural Affairs, Haryana informed that the state-level Haryana Sanjhi Utsav was organized in public form for the first time in collaboration with Haryana Government and Virasat Heritage Village.
- More than 54 women artists participated in the common making competition. Sanjhi songs were sung for the first time during the Sanjhi festival. Women artists performed a folk dance on the songs of Sanjhi. Apart from this, many artists and cultural groups from across the state entertained the people with their performances.
Why in News
- On October 14, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel released a postage stamp and special cover on the National Tribal Dance Festival and Rajyotsava under 'My Stamp Scheme' by the Indian Postal Department, Chhattisgarh Circle at his residence office.
- This stamp will be available on the counters of all major post offices in the country and will be useful for the collectors of stamps.
- On this occasion, Postmaster General R.K. Jaibhay informed that the special cover has been issued to commemorate the 21st foundation day of Chhattisgarh state and during this, the second National Tribal Dance Festival being organized in the capital Raipur on 28, 29 and 30 October 2021.
- Invitations for the National Tribal Dance Festival have been sent to the Chief Ministers of all the states, Lieutenant Governors/Administrators of Union Territories and tribal artists.
- Tribal artists from all the states and union territories of India will showcase their rich heritage of art and culture in this dance festival.
Why in News
- On October 14, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel inaugurated the state 'Gamcha' of Chhattisgarh, displaying the traditional cultural heritage of the state. In government events, this Gamcha will be presented to the guests.
- These Gamcha have been made by the tussar silk and cotton weavers and tattoo hand craftsmen by the Chhattisgarh State Handloom Association.
- On the Gamcha, the state bird of Chhattisgarh- Pahari Myna, the state animal-forest buffalo, the famous Gaur crown of Mandar, Bastar and the pictures of folk artists performing folk dance have been inscribed with tattooing.
- The design of the Gamcha depicts a farmer ploughing the paddy and ploughing to represent the state of Chhattisgarh, which is famous as a rice bowl. The impression of the traditional mural painting of Surguja is inscribed on the border of the Gamcha.
- Apart from the remuneration for making the Gamcha, 95 percent of the income from the Gamcha will be given to the weavers and tattoo craftsmen.
- Filcher silk yarn in the warp and Dabha tussar yarn and Ghincha yarn have been used by the weaver in tussar silk Gamchha. The width of the Gamcha is 24 inches and the length is 84 inches.
- The weaving of this tussar silk Gamcha has been done by the weavers of Seoni Champa. After weaving the Gamcha, the designs have been engraved in them by the women tattoo artists of Sarguja through tattoo prints.
- Cotton Gamcha is prepared through weaving on handlooms by weavers of Balod, Durg, Rajnandgaon of the state.
- Cotton yarn of 2/40 count has been used in the warp in the Gamcha and cotton yarn of 20 mt has been used in the weft. Its width is 24 inches and its length is 84 inches.
- The cost of a silk Gamchha is fixed at Rs 1,534 (inclusive of GST). The weaving wage of silk Gamchha is Rs 120 per piece, while that of cotton Gamchha is fixed at Rs 239 (inclusive of GST) per piece.
- With the recognition of these Gamchas as a memento of the state, 300 weavers will get employment through weaving and 100 tattoo craftsmen will get employment throughout the year. The weaving wage of a cotton pot is Rs 60 per piece.
Why in News
- On October 14, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Secretary S.S. Sandhu ordered to provide wristbands for mountaineers and trekkers in the review meeting of the tourism department at the state secretariat.
- The state government has recently decided to provide wristbands to mountaineers and trekkers so that they can be traced with the help of satellites and other means at the time of disaster or accident.
- Along with this, Sandhu directed the concerned officials to work on connectivity and speed up the construction work of the helipad and heliport to give impetus to tourism.
- He directed to focus mainly on such areas which have great potential for tourism related activities but are lagging behind due to lack of connectivity. Along with this, he also directed to provide drinking water and toilet facilities every 20-30 kms for the tourists on the travel routes.
Switch to Hindi