Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- 'Haryana Sanjhi Utsav' was organized from 7th to 15th October 2021 under the joint aegis of Art and Cultural Affairs Department and Virasat Heritage Village, Kurukshetra. Kurukshetra secured the first position in this festival.
- Nirmala Devi, 65, representing Team No. 22, won the first prize, while Chando Devi of Kaithal, representing Team No. 24, bagged the second prize in the festival.
- Similarly, Simran of Karnal representing Team No. 2, Ramandeep of Kurukshetra representing Team No. 23 got the fourth position and Mukesh Rani of Karnal representing Team No. 19 got the fifth position. A special award was presented to 65-year-old Suraj Devi, a resident of Ballabhgarh, team number 29.
- The first prize winner was given prize money of Rs 51,000, the second prize winner Rs 31,000 and the third prize winner Rs. 21,000.
- 2 women artists were given Rs. 11,000 as a consolation prize and Rs.51,000 to the female artist who won the special prize.
- Renu Hooda, in charge of the Department of Art and Cultural Affairs, Haryana informed that the state-level Haryana Sanjhi Utsav was organized in public form for the first time in collaboration with Haryana Government and Virasat Heritage Village.
- More than 54 women artists participated in the common making competition. Sanjhi songs were sung for the first time during the Sanjhi festival. Women artists performed a folk dance on the songs of Sanjhi. Apart from this, many artists and cultural groups from across the state entertained the people with their performances.
Switch to Hindi