Why In news
- India's first 'Amrit Sarovar' was inaugurated on May 13, 2022 by Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and Uttar Pradesh's Jal Shakti Minister Swatantra Dev Singh at Rampur in Uttar Pradesh.
- This grand lake of 3115 square metres has been constructed at Patwai in Rampur at a cost of Rs 57 lakh.
- The lake also has food courts and boating as well as many other facilities.
- The foundation stone for the beautification of this lake, which is facing an existential crisis due to encroachments and dumping, was laid by Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandi Ben Patel in February 2020.
- It may be recalled that under the Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi, the Amrut Sarovar Yojana has been launched for water conservation, under which it has been decided to construct 75-75 lakes in each district of the country.
Why In news
- Madhya Pradesh's new startup policy was launched through virtual medium at the Startup Conclave organized by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Indore on May 13, 2022.
- The Madhya Pradesh Startup Policy and Implementation Scheme, 2022 has been implemented with a view to fulfilling the objectives of Self-Reliant India and Self-Reliant Madhya Pradesh.
- It incorporates special financial and non-financial facilities to encourage product-based startups.
- Startup India mainly includes achieving 100% growth rate in startups registered and recognized by the Government of India, as well as 200% growth rate in startups registered and accredited with startups registered and recognized in the Government of India in agriculture and food sector.
- Under the policy, if a new enterprise is running in a rented accommodation, the state government will give rs 5,000 per month for rent.
- The selected startup will be given a monthly salary allowance of Rs 5,000 per employee for a maximum of 25 employees.
- The following five pillars have been followed in the policy to achieve the objectives of the policy:
- institutional cooperation, including ease of doing business,
- Encouraging product-based startups,
- promoting innovation and entrepreneurship,
- Marketing Collaboration,
- To provide financial and non-financial assistance.
Why In news
- On May 15, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced the setting up of the first forest research institute at Jagadhari in Yamunanagar at a cost of Rs 50 crore to promote the plywood industry in the state.
- This was announced by the Chief Minister while addressing the gathering at the Haryana Pragati Rally at Jagadhari. Earlier, he inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various projects worth about Rs.334 crores.
- Apart from this, the Chief Minister also announced to make the 10-bed hospital at Sahora a 50-bed hospital, a new college building on 14 acres of land in Kishanpura village, to make Farrukhpur School a Model Sanskriti School as well as a total of Rs.680 crore for various development works in the four assembly segments of Yamunanagar district .
- Manohar Lal Khattar said that in order to promote trade, the state government plans to create an industrial cluster of 50 to 100 acres in every block so that the youth get employment opportunities. Five clusters will be formed in all the five blocks of Yamunanagar.
- He said that industrial zones will be developed in the adjoining districts of Chandigarh, namely, Panchkula, Yamunanagar, Ambala and Kurukshetra on the lines of Gurugram.
Why In news
- On May 15, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Sardar Sandeep Singh released the poster of Khelo India Youth Games, 2021 and launched the audio version of its promotional song.
- The video version will be launched soon after the audio version of the Khelo India Youth Games Promotional Song.
- The song has been jointly composed by actors from Haryana and Bollywood and the song has been penned by the CHIEF Minister's OSD campaigners Gajendra Phogat and Naveen Lamba.
- It may be mentioned that as part of the Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi, this year, the Khelo India Youth Games, 2021 will be held in Haryana from June 4 to 13, 2022. These include 5 Indian sports in 25 under-18 games.
- The games will be held in Shahbad, Ambala, Chandigarh and Delhi besides Panchkula. Around 8,500 athletes from across the country will participate in these games.
- The Chief Minister said that in these games, cultural programmes inspired by Haryanvi culture will be organized and during the Amrit Mahotsav of Independence, the story of heroes of the freedom struggle and the introduction of outstanding sportspersons of the state will be displayed in the exhibition so that the younger generation can draw inspiration from them.
- Along with Jai and Vijay, this time the audience will also get to see Haryana's own Muscat Dhakad, which will be a symbol of Haryana's milk-curd food and sports culture.
Why In news
- On May 15, 2022, Sahibganj Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) of Jharkhand Manish Tiwari informed that the state government has proposed two sites on river Ganga in Sahibganj district for dolphin safari to promote conservation of national aquatic life of the country.
- DFO Manish Tewari said that as per the demand of the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, the state government has identified two sites at Singhidlan in Rajmahal and Ojhatoli in Sahibganj for the project.
- He said both the sites could be linked to the Centre's Dolphin Jalaj Safari project. The distance between the two sites is about 40 km.
- Recently, the central government had sought a proposal from the state government for an eco-tourism project for two places, Sahibganj and Rajmahal. The state government had submitted its plan by the end of April.
- Manish Tewari said that the presence of dolphins and economic and tourism prospects were considered while selecting the sites. The proposed sites will help in better monitoring of these species and promote local employment through tourism.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) had launched the safari project at six places in the country - Bijnor, Brijghat, Prayagraj and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, Kahalgaon in Bihar and Bandel in West Bengal in October 2020.
- It may be mentioned that dolphins protected under Schedule I of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972 are found in an 83-km stretch of river Ganga in Sahibganj district of Jharkhand. The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) had conducted a survey in January this year on the part of the Ganga in Jharkhand, where 81 dolphins were found.
Why In news
- On May 13, 2022, Uttarakhand's Higher Education Minister Dhan Singh Rawat told the conference of Junior High School Teachers Association Pauri that the National Education Policy (NEP) will come into force in the state from July 1 this year.
- With this, Uttarakhand will become the first state in the country to implement the NEP.
- Speaking on the occasion, he said that with the curriculum of primary to secondary classes being prepared under this education policy, the state government is going to create smart classes in 12,000 schools.
- It may be recalled that based on the report of the committee headed by K. Kasturirangan, the new National Education Policy brought in the year 2020 aims to transform the Indian education system by removing the loopholes in the 1986 education policy.
- Its main goals are as follows:
- Increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) to 100% by the year 2030.
- Public expenditure of 6% of GDP on education sector in collaboration with the Central and State Governments.
- Increase the 'Gross Enrolment Ratio' in higher educational institutions from 26.3% (year 2018) to 50%.
Switch to Hindi