Agreed on the Proposal to Give Two Years Child Care Leave to Single Parent Officers in Uttar Pradesh
Why In News?
- On 15 March 2023, according to media information received on the facility to All India Service officers (IAS Uttar Pradesh government, IPS and IFS to provide two years have given its consent to the proposal of the Central Government (730 days) childcare leave - CCL) who are performing the responsibility of single parents.
- It is notable that the opinion of the states was sought by the Central Government on the proposal to provide Child Care Leave (CCL) facility of two years (730 days) to the All-India Service officers (IAS, IPS and IFS) performing the responsibility of a single parent. Such a facility has already been made available to central employees.
- According to the information, many important changes have been proposed in the existing system of Child Care Leave. The Central Government is going to amend the All-India Service Leave Rules-1955 for this. The Uttar Pradesh government has agreed to all the five amendments proposed in the rule.
- Male guardian is included as unmarried, widowed or divorced. This facility will be available in situations like education or illness of two children up to 18 years of age.
- A senior central government official said that the misuse of this leave had increased. The proposed change will discourage its unnecessary use.
Why In News?
- On 15 March 2023, newly elected member of Bihar State Pharmacy Council Arjesh Raj Srivastava said that like other states of the country, Pharmacy Practice Regulation-2015 has been implemented in Bihar. Bihar has become the fourth state in the country to implement pharmacy practice regulation.
- The state health department has informed the Patna High Court about the implementation of pharmacy practice regulation. With its implementation, now the way has also been cleared for the opening of pharma clinics in Bihar. With the opening of this clinic, the vendors in the dispensary will be able to charge a fee for giving information about medicines.
- It is known that the Health Department has recently issued an order to ensure compliance with all the provisions of pharmacy practice regulation 2015 and amendment 2021. This law is currently applicable in three states of the country – Kerala, Karnataka and Delhi.
- The regulation was notified in the Gazette of India on January 16, 2015.
- It is known that Mukesh Kumar, a pharmacist from Bihar, approached the Patna High Court to implement this regulation. When the decision did not come in favour from here, he pleaded with the Supreme Court. Finally, the Supreme Court directed the Patna High Court to see whether the Pharmacy Practice Regulation is being followed in Bihar this sequence, the state government issued an order to implement pharmacy practice regulation.
- Newly elected member of Bihar State Pharmacy Council Arjesh Raj Srivastava said that as soon as this central legislation came into effect, the Bihar Pharmacist Cadre Rules have become ineffective. The implementation of pharmacy practice regulation has paved the way for the formation of a pharmacy directorate.
- In the Pharmacy Practice Regulation, the posts of pharmacist, senior pharmacist, chief pharmacist and drug information pharmacist will be created. Also, purpose, duty, supervision, proper storage, management, distribution, proper use, patient care, review evaluation guidelines have been given for qualification, of these various posts.
- The workplace of the posts created under this will also be decided. According to experts, strict adherence to this regulation will help realise the vision of a healthy Bihar.
- Pharmacists for pharmacy practice are divided into four groups (community pharmacists, hospital pharmacists, drug information pharmacists and clinical pharmacists) according to their field of work.
- According to Section 5, the State Pharmacy Council can check the sites of drug manufacturing and distribution in the state. Whether pharmacists are employed at the site of manufacture and distribution of medicines or not, it has to be reported to the State and Central Pharmacy Council through the Registrar of the Council. This will also curb the illegal drug trade.
Why In News?
- On 15 March 2023, Rajasthan Forest and Environment Minister Hemaram Chaudhary informed that in the year 2018 of the geographical area of the state, 2.91 percent was under protected forest area, which has increased to 3.92 percent at present.
- Forest and Environment Minister Hemaram Chowdhary said that the Vidhan Sabha has passed the demand for a grant of Rs 16 billion 78 crore 24 lakh 36 thousands of Forest and Environment Department by voice vote.
- He said that 9.7 percent of the total area of Rajasthan is forest area. After approving the new forest policy by the government, a target has been set to convert 20 percent of the land into forests.
- The Forest Minister informed that in the year 2022-23, tree plantation has been done in 56 thousand 410-hectare areas and in the year 2023-24, tree plantation will be done in the 80-thousand-hectare area under various departmental schemes.
- Hemaram Chaudhary said that 9 new conservation reserves have been declared during the tenure of the present government. Ramgarh Vishdhari Sanctuary is being developed as the fourth Tiger Reserve after Ranthambore, Sariska and Mukundara Tiger Hills. Further, the process of notifying a Tiger Reserve at Dholpur is under process.
- With the help of Gram Panchayats and Urban Bodies and public cooperation to encourage tree plantation outside forest areas. He said that a massive tree plantation program named 'Tree Outside Forest in Rajasthan' will be launched.
- Under this scheme, 5 crore saplings will be prepared and distributed in the financial year 2023-24.
- The Forest Minister informed that one Luv Kush Vatika is being developed in every district of the state and in the year 2023-24, one more Love Kush Vatika will be developed in every district. Apart from this, green lungs areas will be developed in urban areas by doing works worth Rs 32 crore in the coming year.
- He informed that voluntary displacement of villages from tiger reserves of the state has also been accelerated. Three villages each from Sariska Tiger Reserve and Mukundara Hills Tiger Reserve and one village from Ranthambore Tiger Reserve have been completely displaced.
- Hemaram Chaudhary said that captive animal sponsor scheme has been started by wildlife lovers, institutions and cooperative organizations in the state for adoption of wild animals living in biological parks.
- He informed that out of 24 places for protected areas of the state, 15 areas have been notified as Eco Sensitive Zones.
- In the year 2023-24, Rajasthan Humanities and Biodiversity Development Project worth Rs 1,693 crore will be started in 13 districts of the state and with the help of JICA, a project worth Rs 1,803.42 crore is being prepared for 19 districts of the state.
Why In News?
- On March 15, 2023, Director of Rajasthan Animal Husbandry Department, Dr. Bhawani Singh Rathore told that in order to honor the progressive cattle rearer’s selected by the department every year, the Animal Husbandry Samman ceremony will be held on March 22 at the State Institute of Agricultural Management, Durgapura.
- Director Dr. Bhavani Singh Rathore said that a total of 415 selected cattle rearers of the state will be honored by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. Cattle breeders from all over the state will participate on this occasion.
- In the meeting, Organizing Secretary Dr. P.C Bhati while giving detailed information about the program said that the cattle herders present in the program will be given information about the departmental schemes by the subject experts.
- Along with this, cattle rearing dialogue program will also be organized, under which the problems faced by cattle rearers in animal husbandry will be discussed.
Why In News?
- The 13th edition of the bilateral exercise 'Bold Kurukshetra' between the Indian Army and the Singapore Army was held at Jodhpur Military Station from March 06-13, 2023.
- For the first time in the series of exercises, both armies participated in a command post exercise, involving battalion and brigade level planning units and computer wargaming. The exercise, conducted by the Indian Army, involved soldiers from the 42nd Battalion, Singapore Armed Regiment and an Armed Brigade of the Indian Army.
- This joint training fostered a common understanding of mechanized warfare in an environment of emerging threats and emerging technologies, as well as Developed-Interoperability through a computer simulation-based wargame, using joint operations and tactical procedures controlled through a joint command post.
- Both the contingents not only learned about each other's military exercises and procedures but also exchanged ideas and best practices being followed on the modern battlefield.
- It is noteworthy that the exercise 'Bold Kurukshetra' is organized within the scope of bilateral arrangements for joint military training and exercise between the Singapore Army and the Indian Army. First conducted in 2005, the exercise underlines the strong and long-standing bilateral defence ties between the two countries and enhances cooperation between the two armies.
Why In News?
- On March 15, 2023, in the meeting of the Consultative Committee of the Animal Husbandry Department held under the chairmanship of State Animal Husbandry and Dairy Minister Prem Singh Patel, it was informed that animal ambulance service would start in the state from April 1, 2023.
- The Animal Husbandry Department has added employment to doctor, a compounder, including a call-center people for 1238 a driver in the ambulance. The ambulance will have all the necessary facilities.
- Minister Prem Singh Patel said that in Gram Sabhas where cow shelters are not being run systematically, this responsibility should be given to NGOs.
- The minister said that instead of separate and small Cow-Shalas in the block, destitute cows should be kept in one big Cow-Shala. Due to this good care of cows, their self-reliance will also increase due to more cow dung and urine. He said that a Go-Vansh Van Vihar should be made by connecting 10 Cow-Shalas.
- In the meeting, the updated status of various central and state schemes of animal husbandry, cow-buffalo, goat, poultry-rearing etc. was also discussed. In goat rearing, 60 percent subsidy is given to the beneficiary by the government. There is a provision of giving a subsidy of Rs 2 crore in the Rs 4 crore cow-rearing scheme of the central government. Along with this, a loan of up to Rs 10 lakh is given for 5 cows in the state's Acharya Vidyasagar Yojana.
- As a pilot project, 'Dairy Plus Scheme' has been implemented in Vidisha, Raisen and Sehore. In this, 75 percent grant is given to the Scheduled Caste-Tribe and 50 percent to the general. There is a provision of 90 percent grant to the special backward tribes Baiga, Bharia, Sahariya.
- The Animal Husbandry Minister said that free vaccines will be provided at the block level to increase the number of high breed calves in the state. This will lead to the birth of 90 per cent of the calves and will not unnecessarily increase the number of male calves. Apart from this, the number of good cows is also being increased by Embryo Transplantation of high breed cows with more milking cows.
- MPCDC distributes 7 lakh Sanchi milk packets daily in the state. Milk and its products collected from about 6 thousand 800 societies reach door to door through 1100 milk parlours, 513 milk booths and 5400 private agencies in the state.
- It was informed in the meeting that despite the death of about 70 thousand cows due to lumpy disease in the neighbouring state of Rajasthan, only 696 deaths were registered in Madhya Pradesh due to vigilance. More than 37 lakh 13 thousand vaccines given to cows to prevent lumpy disease have a big contribution in this.
Why In News?
- On March 14, 2023, Khadi and Village Industries Commission Chairman Manoj Kumar released a margin money grant of Rs 100.16 crore to 2989 beneficiaries under the Prime Minister's Employment Generation Program (PMEGP) scheme. These beneficiaries have been sanctioned Rs 298.44 crore by banks for setting up enterprises under PMEGP at Jhumpa in Bhiwani district of Haryana.
- Speaking on the occasion, Manoj Kumar, Chairman, Khadi and Village Industries Commission said that about 24,000 people will get additional employment through these units set up by the beneficiaries. Apart from this, a margin money grant of Rs 4.44 crore was also disbursed to the PMEGP beneficiaries of Haryana against the sanctioned loan of Rs 13.67 crore.
- It is that 'Prime Minister's Employment Generation Program (PMEGP)' is playing an important role in realizing Prime Minister Narendra Modi's dream of 'Self-reliant India'. KVIC through its schemes and various programs is creating employment opportunities for artisans in remote areas at very low cost at their doorsteps.
- On this occasion, under the empowerment program for leather artisans, advanced toolkits for footwear manufacturing were distributed to 50 beneficiaries of Haryana through online medium.
- Apart from this, 400 bee-boxes for beekeeping were also distributed online to 40 trained beneficiaries of Haryana under KVIC's 'Honey Mission' scheme.
- Manoj Kumar said that through these schemes, efforts are being made to upgrade the skills of more and more artisans by providing tool kits and improve their economic and social status, so that they can move towards building a prosperous, strong, self-reliant and happy nation.
- It is known that under the PMEGP scheme, the Government of India has increased the maximum project cost from Rs.25 lakh to Rs.50 lakh and in the service sector it has been increased from Rs.10 lakh to Rs.20 lakh.
- To set up these PMEGP units, the government provides 15% to 25% of the entire project cost as a grant to the beneficiaries in urban areas and 25% to 35% in rural areas.
- Apart from this, after the loan is approved, free entrepreneurship training is also provided to the beneficiaries regarding the establishment of their chosen enterprise.
Why In News?
- On March 15, 2023, the registrar of Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand, Dr. Sandeep Dutta told a press conference held at Lalpur Extension that BIT Mesra has been established with the aim of getting rid of cybercrime due to the increasing use of internet and mobile. 'Cyber Security Initiative' will be launched in The C3iHub of IIT Kanpur will assist in this.
- It is known that people's data gets destroyed when mobile is lost or stolen. Research is needed on how to recover the lost data. To fulfill this objective, 'Cyber Security Initiative' will be started in BIT Mesra.
- IIT Kanpur's Department of Computer Science Engineering Co-Project Director C3iHub Padmashree Dr. Manindra Agarwal said that under this agreement, cyber security policy will be prepared in the institute after cyber security audit, so that in the coming time, data security, data recovery Cyber security can be strengthened with data monitoring.
- Dr. Sandeep Dutta, Registrar, BIT Mesra told that in this initiative Padma Shri Dr. Manindra Agarwal, the father of cyber cell advisor cum sutra model of Government of India, will cooperate. A tie-up will be done with the C3iHub of IIT Kanpur.
- Dr. Manindra Aggarwal said that under this agreement, inventory will be prepared for continuous monitoring of all the computers and routers of the institute under the cyber security policy after cyber security audit in the institute.
- Apart from this, the engineers of the institution will be given training on how to protect against cyber-attack. Modern technology like 'Honey Pot' will be developed to catch cyber criminals.
- Initiative will be taken to confuse the original source of cyber-attacks with fake servers under 'Honey Pot'. Along with this, there will be continuous awareness and training programs among students and professors regarding cyber security.
- Dr. Manindra Aggarwal informed that 25 institutions have been given different responsibilities under the Technical Innovation Hub in the country. C3iHub is working to promote cyber security in it. For this, three startup teams associated with C3iHub will work together with the engineers of BIT.
- It is known that Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Ranchi was established in 1955 by industrialist B. M. Birla did it. BIT Mesra, spread over 780 acres, 16 km from Ranchi, the capital of Jharkhand, has the status of Deemed University from the UGC. The institute is accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and NBA (National Board of Association). The main campus of this institute is in Mesra while it has campuses in Allahabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Noida, Patna, Deoghar, Lalpur, Muscat (Oman) and Dubai.
Why In News?
- On March 15, 2023, State Home Minister Tamradhwaj Sahu informed in the assembly that Chhattisgarh has now become self-sufficient for Narco test. Narco test has been approved in Raipur AIIMS.
- Home Minister Tamradhwaj Sahu told in the Vidhan Sabha that now for the Narco test used in major crimes, there will be no numbering in the big states of the country for the narco test. The state government has completed the necessary formalities for the narco test and along with Raipur AIIMS, necessary machines have also been procured for it.
- Home Minister Tamradhwaj Sahu, while discussing the demands for grants in the Vidhansabha, informed that the Chhattisgarh Police is constantly using new techniques to curb criminals.
- To crack down on increasing cybercrimes, five cyber police stations are being established in the range of all the headquarters. Forensic Science Laboratory College will also be established in Durg to curb crimes.
- At present, the Dial 112 facility was available in 11 districts of the state, in which now 17 other districts have also been included. In this way, now the Dial 112 facility will be available in 28 districts.
Why in News?
- On 15 March 2023, the Chief Minister of the state Bhupesh Baghel made an online payment of Rs 7 crore 4 lakhs to cattle-rearing villagers, women groups, and Gauthan's Committees under the Godhan Nyay Yojana in a program organized in his office room located in the Vidhan Sabha.
- In the payment made by the Chief Minister from February 16 to February 28, 2.13 lakh quintals of cow dung were purchased from cattle rearers, villagers, farmers, and landless people for Rs 4 crore and 25 lakh, Rs 1.65 crore to Gauthans Committees, and Rs 1.14 crore to women's groups. includes a dividend amount.
- From February 16 to February 28, a total of 2.13 lakh quintal cow dung has been procured in Gauthans, in lieu of which, out of the amount of Rs 4.25 crore to be transferred to cow dung vendors, Rs 1.92 crore has been paid by the Agriculture Department and Rs 2.33 crore self-supporting Will be done by Gauthans.
- Self-supporting Gauthans have so far paid Rs 45.52 crore from their own funds for the purchase of cow dung.
- It is noteworthy that under 'Godhan Nyay Yojana', Rs 419 crore 25 lakhs have been paid so far to the beneficiaries in the state including the amount paid today.
- Rs 215 crore 50 lahks has been paid in lieu of cow dung purchased from cow dung vendors. So far Rs 185 crore 77 lakhs have been paid to Gauthan committees and women self-help groups.
- Cow dung is being procured in the state of Chhattisgarh from July 20, 2020, at the rate of Rs. 2 per kg under the Godhan Nyay Yojana. In the state, until February 28, 2023, 107.75 lakh quintals of cow dung have been procured from Gauthans.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister said that a large number of Gauthans are becoming self-reliant. In order to encourage self-supporting Gauthans, it has been decided to provide honoraria to the chairman and members of the steering committee of Gauthans.
- He said that apart from making other products from cow dung, the work of generating electricity has also started. The power generation plant from cow dung at Domarpal in Bastar has been synchronized with the grid. The rate of electricity generated from this has been fixed at Rs 9 per unit.
- It is noteworthy that under the Godhan Nyay Yojana, the self-supporting Gauthans are not only participating in cow dung procurement but are also maintaining a steady lead. For the past several fortnights, the share of self-supporting Gauthans in the amount being paid for the purchase of cow dung has been 60 to 70 percent.
- At present, more than 50 percent of Gauthans have become self-reliant, and along with purchasing cow dung and cow urine from their own funds, they are completing other activities of Gauthans with their own funds.
Why In News?
- On March 15, 2023, Uttarakhand's Finance Minister Premchand Aggarwal presented a budget of 77407.08 crores for the year 2023–24, in which employment, investment, and tourism have been kept at the centre.
- State Finance Minister Premchand Aggarwal said that this year's budget of the government will play an important role in making Uttarakhand the leading state of the country in the year 2025. Whatever priorities the government has fixed for the development of the state, its glimpse will be seen in this budget.
- He informed that the budget for the year 2023-24 includes policy changes and budgetary provisions keeping in mind inclusive development, access to the last person and priority to the underprivileged, infrastructure development, expansion of investment capacity, green development, youth power and financial sector. Which has been done keeping in mind the need of the hour.
- The focus of the budget is on seven points-
- Emphasis has been laid on investment in human capital.
- Under inclusive development, to reach the last person standing at the end and provide a platform to use the new opportunity.
- Health facilities.
- Promotion and protection of public property in capital expenditure.
- Seamless and secure connectivity.
- Technological and modern development.
- Balance in Ecology and Economy.
- Important points of the budget for the year 2022-23
- The focus has been on employment, investment and tourism in the budget.
- This is the first full budget of the Dhami government in Gairsain.
- Provision of Rs.51 crore for excellent cluster for secondary schools.
- Provision of Rs 10 crore for scholarship in higher education.
- Provision of two crore rupees for research in higher education.
- Provision of Rs 11 crore for Chief Minister's talent promotion.
- 50 thousand rupees for the preparation of Public Service Commission.
- Stringent laws against scammers in recruitments.
- NCC Cadet Allowance has been increased.
- Special focus has been given on youth power in the budget.
- Scholarship of Rs 1.90 crore for girl students belonging to backward castes.
- Work towards making the state the best by 2025.
- Provision of Rs 100 crore for G-20.
- Provision of Rs.15 crore for the Girl Cycle Scheme.
- Provision of 40 thousand crores for self-employment scheme.
Switch to Hindi