Why in News
- On September 13, 2021, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced the establishment of a badminton academy in the state.
- The Chief Minister made this announcement during discussions with representatives of various sports associations and sports persons related to promotion of sports, development of sports facilities and nurturing sports talent in the state.
- He said that Chhattisgarh Sports Development Authority has been constituted to improve sports facilities. Soon the players will be appointed in the body.
- He said that major industries would be entrusted with the responsibility of maintaining the stadium and arranging food and drink for the players. Also, trainers of national and international repute can be appointed through industries.
- The Chief Minister stressed on utilizing the available international level infrastructure facilities to nurture talent.
- Baghel requested the business and industrial groups to contribute for the promotion of sports in the state.
Why in News
- On September 13, 2021, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel talked about earmarking 100 acres of land in Nava Raipur for setting up a Sevagram like Wardha.
- He said it would mark the 75th year of independence and would perpetuate Mahatma Gandhi's concept of 'Gram Swaraj'.
- The Chief Minister directed the officers to submit an action plan in this regard before October 2.
- He said that Sevagram is being established to take forward the work of village reforms. Sevagram will be a place where visitors can learn about local arts and crafts as well as cuisines.
- The Chief Minister said that old age homes and schools would also be set up for the underprivileged. It will also have an open theatre.
Switch to Hindi