Sevagram in Chhattisgarh
- 14 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On September 13, 2021, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel talked about earmarking 100 acres of land in Nava Raipur for setting up a Sevagram like Wardha.
- He said it would mark the 75th year of independence and would perpetuate Mahatma Gandhi's concept of 'Gram Swaraj'.
- The Chief Minister directed the officers to submit an action plan in this regard before October 2.
- He said that Sevagram is being established to take forward the work of village reforms. Sevagram will be a place where visitors can learn about local arts and crafts as well as cuisines.
- The Chief Minister said that old age homes and schools would also be set up for the underprivileged. It will also have an open theatre.