Badminton Academy in Chhattisgarh
- 14 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On September 13, 2021, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced the establishment of a badminton academy in the state.
- The Chief Minister made this announcement during discussions with representatives of various sports associations and sports persons related to promotion of sports, development of sports facilities and nurturing sports talent in the state.
- He said that Chhattisgarh Sports Development Authority has been constituted to improve sports facilities. Soon the players will be appointed in the body.
- He said that major industries would be entrusted with the responsibility of maintaining the stadium and arranging food and drink for the players. Also, trainers of national and international repute can be appointed through industries.
- The Chief Minister stressed on utilizing the available international level infrastructure facilities to nurture talent.
- Baghel requested the business and industrial groups to contribute for the promotion of sports in the state.