Why in News
- On January 12, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khater announced that 52 National Youth Award winners would be given employment in the Sports Department on the occasion of National Youth Day. He also announced that youth would be linked with lotus clubs, which would be formed in 125 villages with a population of more than 10,000.
- The Chief Minister made this announcement at a blood donation camp organized digitally on Swami Vivekananda Jayanti by Bharat Vikas Parishad, Hansi.
- He said that a maximum number of youth would be added to the Lotus Club. Villages with a population of 10,000 will be considered first, then villages with a population of 8,000 and then gradually this club will be established in the less populated villages.
- The primary objective of this club is to connect the youth with sports and other social activities, so as to enhance their potential, intelligence and strength, which will help them to move ahead in life.
- Samarpan Portal has been created for the youth willing to work voluntarily. So far 1300 youths have registered here. Youth will be involved in social work, so that they are sensitive to social service as well as motivated to take part in such activities.
- The Chief Minister said that the State Government was working to provide opportunities to the youth not only in the country but also abroad. Free passports are being made for the youth passing out from college, so that they can go abroad for education and employment.
- The state government is also providing opportunities to the youth to start new startups, so that industries can be promoted and new jobs can be created.
Switch to Hindi