In the ranking of Aspirational Development Block Programme, Tirla Development Block of Dhar district has been ranked 1st
Why in News?
On December 7, 2023, Tirla development block of Dhar district was honoured by NITI Aayog for securing first position in the central region of India in the ranking of the Aspirational Development Block Program of the Government of India. Tirla development block will be given a prize of Rs 1.5 crore for this achievement.
- It is worth mentioning that under the Aspirational Development Block Program of the Government of India, 500 development blocks of 329 districts of the country have been included, in which Tirla development block of Dhar district is also included in the 42 development blocks selected from Madhya Pradesh.
- As per the instructions of NITI Aayog, first of all a thinking camp was organised by the development block and a strategy was prepared on the parameters of NITI Aayog to convert the aspirational development block into an inspiring development block.
- After formulating the strategy, work is being carried out on the ground, to give momentum to which the Sankalp Saptah was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 30, 2023 at Bharat Mandapam, New Delhi.
- The main objective of the Aspirational Development Block Program is to benefit the beneficiaries by speeding up the work of all the departments in the selected 500 Aspirational Development Blocks.
- Tirla, the development block of the district Dhar, has achieved outstanding achievement under the overall five parameters of health & nutrition, education, agriculture, infrastructure & social development under the leadership of District Panchayat CEO Shringar Srivastava and Chief Executive Officer of Janpad Panchayat Tirla Jimmy Baati.
Switch to Hindi