Why in News?
On December 8, 2023, the Madhya Pradesh State Government constituted a State Level Steering Committee under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary to provide direction and guidance & monitor the organisation of Vikas Bharat Sankalp Yatra in the state.
- The committee will comprise of Additional Chief Secretary, Principal Secretary, Secretary, Public Health & Family Welfare, Panchayat & Rural Development, Farmers Welfare & Agriculture Development, Urban Development & Housing, Public Health & Engineering, School Education, Women & Child Development, Food & Civil Supplies, Revenue, Social Justice and Empowerment Welfare, Tribal Caste Welfare.
- The Agriculture Commissioner has been made the nodal officer. The committee will take all necessary decisions on various aspects related to organizing the Vikas Bharat Sankalp Yatra.
- Seven core groups have also been formed for continuous monitoring of Vikas Bharat Sankalp Yatra and resolution of problems arising at the field level.
- Additional Chief Secretary, Panchayat & Rural Development, Farmers Welfare & Agriculture, Principal Secretary Urban Development & Housing, Revenue, Secretary, Social Justice & Empowerment Welfare, Commissioner Health, Commissioner Agriculture, Core Groups will review the progress and submit necessary reports to the State Level Steering Committee.
Why in News?
In keeping with the spirit of the Indian Army celebrating the 263th Army Service Corps Day on December 8, 2023, GOC Sudarshan Chakra Corps flagged off the Southern Star Electric Vehicle (EV) rally from Dronacharya, Bhopal.
- The rally, in partnership with indigenous electric car manufacturers Mahindra & Mahindra and Praveg, aims to spread awareness about the adoption of green technologies.
- The rally has been aptly themed ‘Olive Green Goes Green’. The rally will cover a distance of 800 km, passing through the cities of Sagar, Jhansi, Gwalior, Agra and Mathura.
- The rally members will also interact with school children, veterans and army officers at various military posts to create awareness on Indian contemporary issues. Agniveer will highlight the Army's initiatives including Enrollment Scheme, Make in India, Gram Seva Desh Seva & Promotion of Foodgrains, Swachh Bharat, Green India and Veterans We Care.
- On the occasion, GOC Sudarshan Chakra Corps planted a sapling and handed over saplings to the OIC rally which is planned to be planted in various Army posts on the way to the final destination of New Delhi. The EV rally will finally be flagged off by DGST in New Delhi.
Switch to Hindi