Why In News?
Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board has been awarded the ‘Sanctuary Asia Award’ for ‘The Best Sustainable Wildlife Tourism State’ at the Tough Tigers Wildlife Tourism Awards at a ceremony held in New Delhi on December 6, 2023.
- Madhya Pradesh has been awarded for its outstanding performance in Nature, Tourism, Industry, Sustainable Practices and Responsible Tourism in the Indian Subcontinent. Deputy Director Yuvraj Padole received this award on behalf of the Tourism Board.
- At the function, a short film based on various tourism destinations and products of the state was screened by Madhya Pradesh Tourism. Through audio-visual presentation, information based on various historical, natural, spiritual, folk and craft arts and wildlife tourism of Madhya Pradesh was shared. Madhya Pradesh, the heart of Incredible India, was portrayed as an attractive and ideal destination to visit.
- Principal Secretary Tourism and Culture and Managing Director Tourism Board Shiv Shekhar Shukla said that Madhya Pradesh is the Tiger State of the country and tourists from all over the world come to the national parks here to see tigers. To increase the number of tourists in the state as well as to reduce the negative impact on the environment, various efforts are being made like eco-friendly homestays around forest areas, waste management, and creating awareness among tourists.
- It should be noted that Madhya Pradesh is a rich state from the point of view of wildlife. With 12 national parks and 24 wildlife sanctuaries, it is rich in natural resources such as various plants, animals and birds.
- Madhya Pradesh has the distinction of being the 'Tiger State of India' as it has the highest number of tigers in the country. There are currently 785 tigers in Madhya Pradesh. Along with this, the state also has the pride of 'Leopard State' and 'Gharial State'. With the arrival of cheetahs in Kuno National Park, the state has been recognized as 'Cheetah State'.
Switch to Hindi