Why in News?
On December 5, 2023, the 210 MW installed capacity unit of Amarkantak Thermal Power Station Chachai of Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Company created a record of 100 days of continuous production. This unit has been producing electricity continuously since August 27 this year.
- Earlier on May 10 this year, this unit had also achieved the feat of producing 100 days of continuous power. For the second time, the 210 MW unit has created a record of continuously producing power for 100 days in a calendar and financial year.
- When this unit achieved the record of generating 100 continuous electricity for the second time on December 5, it also performed remarkably in various parameters. The unit achieved 100.7% PAF, 99.14% PLF and 9.14% auxiliary consumption. This unit is still producing continuous electricity.
- Manjit Singh, Managing Director of the Power Generating Company, said that out of the currently operating 12 units of the company's thermal power plant, this is the 9th unit which is being operated continuously for more than 100 days in the current financial year.
Why in News?
On December 5, 2023, Joint Director Public Instruction Bhopal Division Arvind Chorgade informed that the Madhya Pradesh School Education Department will organise a three-day state level and national 'Balrang' Mahotsav at the Indira Gandhi National Human Museum from December 19 to 21.
- Joint Director Arvind Chorgade said that about 1000 students from all divisions of the state will participate in the ‘State Level Balrang’ and about 500 students from different states will participate in the ‘National Balrang’.
- This year the theme of Balrang Mahotsav will be 'Self-reliant India', in which students of the state will showcase the culture, costumes, dance and food etc. of their district on various platforms.
- Students coming to participate from about 20 states will present folk dances of their states. The dance groups securing first, second and third positions will be awarded for excellent folk dance in the National Balrang.
- Chorgarhe said that in the state level Balrang, cultural literary yoga, Sanskrit disabled and Madrasa competitions, national folk dance miniature India exhibition, creative craft activity based exhibition made by the students and food zone exhibition and other competitions will also be organised by the students.
Switch to Hindi