The President Inaugurated and Laid the Foundation Stone of Schemes worth Rs 2001.94 crore in Uttarakhand.
Why In News?
On December 8, 2022, President Draupadi Murmu inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of nine development schemes worth Rs 2001.94 crore for the state in a civic reception program organized at the Chief Minister's residence in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. This includes inauguration of three schemes worth Rs 528.35 crore and foundation stone laying of six schemes worth Rs 1473.59 crore.
- The President also announced a 132 KV modern-tech power plant at Material in Haridwar district at a cost of Rs 84 crore on behalf of Soban Singh Jeena Government Medical College Almora, Pitkul constructed at a cost of Rs 330.64 crore, construction of its related line, 4.5 MW Kali Ganga constructed at a cost of Rs 113.71 crore in Rudraprayag district. The second small hydro power project has been inaugurated.
- Apart from this, he also inaugurated the 144 MW plan of Chila Power House at a cost of Rs 306 crore, construction of green building of Integrated Office Complex at a cost of Rs 204.46 crore under Dehradun Smart City Project, 220 KV substation at Mangalore in Haridwar at a cost of Rs 131 crore, 750 He laid the foundation stone of the underground overhead HT and LT power lines of Dehradun's main roads at a cost of Rs 32.93 crore, construction of second phase at Government Polytechnic Narendra Nagar at a cost of Rs 32.93 crore and modern inter-state bus terminal at Tanakpur in Champawat at a cost of Rs 49.20 crore.
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on December 8, 2022, the Uttarakhand Tourism Development Council has announced a 'Marketing Support Scheme' for tour operators in the state to bring foreign tourists to the International Yoga Festival to be held next year.
- In order to attract the country and the world towards yoga in Uttarakhand, the International Yoga Festival is organized by the Tourism Department in Rishikesh every year. In order to ensure that more and more foreign tourists participate in the festival, the Tourism Department has announced a 'Marketing Support Scheme' to provide financial incentives for tour operators.
- Under this scheme, tour operators booking international tourists will be given an amount of Rs 10,000 per tourist and a maximum of Five lakh rupees. This financial incentive will be given to tour operators in lieu of bringing foreign tourists to the yoga festival.
- The benefit of the scheme will be available to tour operators recognized by the International Association of Tour Operators, Ministry of Tourism and Uttarakhand Tourism Development Council. Accredited tour operators bringing tourists will have to submit proof of International Yoga Festival Marketing Promotion.
- Apart from this, they will have to submit documents like booking and registration details of foreign guests participating in the International Yoga Festival, copies of their passport and valid visas and hotel bookings for them.
Switch to Hindi