Why in News
- Recently, the combined district ranking for the month of August was released by the Education Department of Rajasthan, in which Churu district stood first in the state.
- Based on the data available on Shala Darpan, Jaipur and Chittorgarh got the second and third place respectively in this ranking.
- Additional Project Director, Samagra Shiksha, Dr. Rashmi Sharma asked all the district education officers and ex-officio district project coordinators to analyze the ranking of their district and block and prepare an action plan for progress in the weak areas of the district and block and implement it effectively.
- He gave instructions to the education officers in the last three ranked districts (Pratapgarh, Kota, Dholpur) for the expected progress in the ranking by doing intensive monitoring on priority.
Why in News
- Recently, the State Board of Open School Education and Microsoft signed an MoU to provide support for Digital Transformation, Artificial Intelligence and online education.
- During this, Minister of State for School Education (Independent Charge) and General Administration Inder Singh Parmar said that Artificial Intelligence would be taught as a subject in 53 EFA (Education for All) schools of the state. With this, along with the knowledge of latest technology, opportunities for IT employment will also be available at the global level.
- Students of class 8th and 9th will get the facility to choose Artificial Intelligence as a subject from this session while children of class 10th to 12th will get this facility from the next session. Microsoft will conduct online classes for this subject through team software.
- Microsoft has prepared and made available a format for a 240-hour annual course and book on the subject of Artificial Intelligence. Along with this, in the coming year, Microsoft will also give training to the teachers for the teaching of the subject.
- It may be mentioned that Microsoft India has supported 53 Education for All (EFA) schools in Madhya Pradesh through various training programs in the last year. About 1500 teachers and 40 thousand students have been benefited by this.
Why in News
- On September 8, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched the Unified Farmer Portal- https:\\kisan.cg.nic.in.
- Congratulating the farmers while launching the Integrated Kisan Portal, the Chief Minister said that it would be easy for the farmers to register themselves with this portal. To take advantage of various schemes, they have to register only once.
- This portal has been developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) in collaboration with the Department of Agriculture.
- To take advantage of Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana, purchase of paddy at support price, Chief Minister's Tree Plantation Promotion Scheme and Kodo-Kutki, Ragi procurement scheme, farmers will have to register only once on the Integrated Farmer Portal.
- Agriculture Production Commissioner and Secretary, Agriculture Department, Dr. M. Geeta informed that the process of registration of farmers for various schemes has been simplified through this portal, so that farmers can be easily registered for various schemes.
- Implementation, management, supervision and reporting of schemes will be easy through this portal. The data available on this portal can also be carried forward as per the requirement.
- The integrated portal has been linked to the Bhuiyan Portal. In this portal, online verification of land details and girdawari data will be done from Bhuiyan portal so that accurate and quick data can be obtained. The portal will also facilitate physical verification of farmers' land and calculation of the amount given to farmers under the schemes.
- The portal developed by the Forest Department for the registration of forest rights lease holders, village panchayats and joint forest committees under the Chief Minister's Tree Plantation Promotion Scheme has been linked to the unified portal, so that single window facility can be provided to the applicants for registration.
Why in News
- On September 8, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel unveiled the logo of 'Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumihin Krishi Mazdoor Nyay Yojana'.
- It is noteworthy that under the 'Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumihin Krishi Mazdoor Nyay Yojna', about 10 lakh labor families of the state will be given grant assistance of Rs 6,000 annually.
- In this scheme, those agricultural labor families of rural areas have been included, who do not have land for cultivation but they are associated with agricultural activities in some way.
- Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel had made a budget provision of Rs 200 crore for this scheme in the Vidhan Sabha on July 28, 2021, during the discussion on the first supplementary demand for grants for the financial year 2021-22.
- The state government claims that this is the first scheme of its kind in the country, for which the state government has made a provision of Rs 200 crore.
- The registration work for this scheme has started from 1st September. Registration will be done till 30th November.
Why in News
- Recently the Chhattisgarh government agreed to provide 50% reservation to women in urban body areas on the lines of three-tier panchayats.
- This consent was given in the meeting of the state cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel.
- Significantly, the Central Government had sought the opinion of all the states regarding giving 50% reservation to women in urban bodies.
- After the opinion of the states, the central government will take the final decision in this regard.
- It is noteworthy that at present 50% reservation is applicable for women in three-tier panchayats in Chhattisgarh, whereas only 33% reservation is being given to women in urban body areas.
Why in News
- On September 8, 2021, Uttarakhand Governor Baby Rani Maurya resigned from the post, two years before her term. She submitted his resignation to President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Governor Baby Rani Maurya completed her three years as the state's governor on August 28 last month, with two years left in her term.
- Baby Rani Maurya, 64, was sworn in as the Governor of Uttarakhand in August 2018 after her predecessor Krishan Kant Paul completed five years in office.
- She has previously worked in various positions. She was the Mayor of Agra in Uttar Pradesh from 1995 to 2000, while she was a member of the State Social Welfare Board in 2001 and a member of the National Commission for Women in 2002.
Switch to Hindi