Why In News?
On March 3, 2023, the state's Finance Minister Dr. Rameshwar Oraon presented a budget of Rs 1 lakh 16 thousand 418 crores in the Jharkhand Assembly. In this budget, special emphasis has been laid on rural development, agriculture, health and education.
- State Finance Minister Dr. Rameshwar Oraon said that 500 crore rupees will be spent for desilting and deep boring of ponds with an area of less than 5 acres in 2023-24 in order to provide benefits of irrigation to the farmers and from the point of view of water conservation. A proposed budget of Rs. Solar energy based micro lift irrigation is very economical in streamlining the irrigation system. Keeping in view its utility, Krishi Samridhi Yojana will be implemented by the state government in the financial year 2023-24.
- In the year 2023-24, Rs 50 crore is proposed under the grant head of FPOs.
- Other important points of Jharkhand Budget 2023-24 -:
- In the year 2023-24, a budgetary provision of Rs 300 crore has been made to connect maximum beneficiaries under the Mukhyamantri Pashudhan Vikas Yojana. There is a proposal of Rs 180 crore for the establishment of new dairy plants in Giridih and Jamshedpur and milk powder plant and milk product plant in Ranchi.
- In order to provide irrigation wells, it is proposed to implement a new scheme called Birsa Irrigation Well Promotion Mission in convergence of MGNREGA and State Plan. Under this scheme, irrigation wells will be constructed on the personal land of 1 lakh farmers.
- Panchayat Secretariat Strengthening Scheme is being launched by the government to provide all the facilities to the common people at the panchayat level under one roof. In addition to the Panchayat Office in all panchayat secretariats, all types of related certificates, online facilities, facilities related to banking correspondents, light work will be provided on the scheduled day through Pragya Center.
- Incentive amount to encourage widow remarriage, distribution of free sanitary napkins for the spread of cleanliness among women, providing nutritious food to pregnant women before delivery and distribution of maternity care kit after delivery 'Women and Kishori Kalyan' It is proposed to start the scheme.
- The 'Anganwadi Chalo Abhiyan' scheme will be started for pre-school education to the children coming to the Anganwadi centre. Under this scheme, a budget of Rs 190 crore is proposed in the year 2023-24 for providing clothes and workbooks and furniture etc. to the children in all the centres.
- In the year 2023-24, a target has been set to make all the panchayats of the state zero dropout panchayats.
- Residential schools will be constructed on the lines of Netarhat schools in Chaibasa, Dumka and Bokaro.
- Psychiatry centers will be established in Palamu, Chaibasa and Dumka. Alcohol De addiction Center will be opened in Ranchi on PPP mode.
- In the year 2023-24, the target is to expand the Chief Minister's Employment Generation Scheme and benefit two lakh youth.
- In the year 2023-24, it is proposed to set up a model library in the hostels for the smooth functioning of teaching and learning.
- In view of the importance of judicial, administrative and financial work roles of Manki, Munda, Dakua etc. under the Manki-Munda governance system, it is proposed to make two-wheelers accessible to them in the year 2023-24.
- These road projects are proposed to be started in the year 2023-24- 1) Upgradation of Sahebganj-Barhait-Jamtara-Dumka-Govindpur ADB road to four lanes, 2) Koderma-Jamua-Giridih Tundi-Govindpur (SH-13) road Upgradation in four lanes, 3) Upgradation of Satsang-Bhirkhiabad road to four lanes, it is proposed to connect all health sub-centres, bazaar haat, panchayat office, middle/high school, post office/banks with metalled road in the coming financial years.
- In the year 2023-24, it is proposed to start flights from the airports at Dumka and Bokaro.
- Under AMRUT 2.0 scheme, Ramgarh urban water supply scheme and Simdega urban water supply scheme and renovation work of 45 ponds is proposed to be done.
- RTI portal will be developed by the state government in the year 2023-24.
Switch to Hindi