Whay In News?
- On February 5, 2023, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath flagged off the DG Van at his official residence. This Mobile DG Van will provide information about Digital India to the public.
- Under the G-20 programme, the objective of this Mobile DG Van is to provide information about Digital India to the public.
- This Digi van is dedicated to the important digital innovations of Digital India campaign led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi - 'My Gov', 'Digi Locker', 'e-Hospital', 'e-NAM', 'GEM Portal', 'U.P. 'Umang', 'GSTN', 'Cyber Safe India', 'Aarogya Setu' etc.
- The van also has a VR setup through which people can see virtual demos of various digital applications like paying at petrol pumps through UPI applications, showing their driving license to traffic police through Digi Locker, etc.
- Uttar Pradesh is a leading state in the field of e-governance. Under the Digital India Mission, various programs are being conducted in the state. Food grains are being distributed through e-POS machines in ration shops under the Food and Logistics Department. This has established a transparent and corruption-free system in food grain distribution.
- of land other technical infrastructure were created for mining management under directorate 'Mine Mitra' and Mining.
- in this van There are 2 screens for interactive quiz, on which individuals can display their knowledge about Digital India and G-20.
- In order to make the youth of the state digitally empowered and capable, the state government is providing Swami Vivekananda Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana under 'DigiShakti Portal' through 'tablets of cost to the students/ smartphones free'.
- A total of 2 crore tablets/smartphones are targeted to be distributed in the next 5 years. So far, 20 lakh youth have been provided free tablets/smartphones.
- Prerna portal has been developed to improve the quality of education in the Basic Education Department. Chief Minister Helpline 1076, 1090- Women Power Line Helpline is being implemented properly by making better use of technology.
Rapid Action Teams Constituted at Block Level in Each District of African Swine Fever Infected and Surveillance Area
Whay In News?
- On February 6, 2023, Director of Rajasthan Animal Husbandry Department Dr. Bhawani Singh Rathore said that taking serious note of the cases of African swine fever in the state, the Animal Husbandry Department has constituted block level teams in every district of the state.
- Dr. Bhawani Singh Rathore said that all to prevent and diagnose the disease by these teams formed based on infected zone, surveillance zone and free zone by reaching the place of movement of infected and pig breed animals' possible action is being taken.
- Samples of infected and dead pigs are being collected by the teams constituted and sent to National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases, Nishad Bhopal for confirmation of African Swine Fever Disease.
- Dr. Bhawani Singh Rathore said that in view of the sensitivity towards the disease, an alert will be issued to the departmental officers and to protect pig breed animals from this disease and to protect the cattle owners from economic loss, disease survey, disease diagnosis, restricted in the affected areas of each district and free areas 'area specific action' will be executed.
- Infected animals and other pigs that came in contact with pigs will be scientifically euthanased, disinfection of the area, vector control, bio-waste, animal feed and other wastes etc. will be disposed of so that the disease can be controlled.
- At the same time, action is being taken in coordination with the Forest Department and other concerned departments for disease outbreak control in wild boars.
- African swine fever is a highly contagious haemorrhagic viral disease occurring in domestic and wild pigs. Other symptoms of this disease include high fever, depression, anorexia, loss of appetite, skin bleeding, Diarrhea etc.
- African swine fever was first detected in Africa in the 1920s. Historically, infections have been reported in parts of Africa and Europe, South America, and the Caribbean.
- However, since 2007 the disease has been reported in domestic and wild boars in many countries in Africa, Asia and Europe.
- It has a mortality rate of about 95-100% and there is no cure for this fever, so the only way to stop its spread is to kill animals. African swine fever is not a threat to humans, as it is only transmitted from animals to animals.
- African swine fever is a disease listed in the Animal Health Code of the World Animal Health Organization (OIE).
Whay In News?
- On 6 February 2023, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan virtually inaugurated 20 branches of HDFC bank by cutting the ribbon of HDFC ATM at Manas Bhawan in Shyamala Hills.
- The Chief Minister said that the cooperation being given by HDFC Bank in encouraging self-employment activities in the state and empowering women self-help groups is commendable.
- HDFC's head office in Mumbai and 20 branches of the state were connected virtually in Madhya Pradesh.
- The Chief Minister said that HDFC is the second largest bank in India with deposits of 17 lakh 33 thousand crores, loan advances of 15 lakh 6 thousand crores and balance sheet of 22 lakh 95 thousand crores.
- The Credit Deposit Ratio (CD Ratio) of this bank is 118 percent, which shows that the loan given by the bank to various sectors of the state is commendable.
- The Chief Minister said that the bank should make special efforts to improve the credit deposit ratio in tribal dominated and remote districts.
- HDFC Bank's branches which were virtually inaugurated include Shyamala Hills branch of Bhopal, Sneh Nagar and Sadar branch of Jabalpur, Manorama Ganj, Bhanpura, Bhorasla and Basant Vihar branch of Indore,
- Budhni of Sehore, Khilchipur and Kuravar of Rajgarh, Orchha of Niwari, Mundi of Khandwa, Maheshwar of Khargone, Palandi Chauraha of Damoh, Bijouri of Anuppur, Nainpur of Mandla, Gol Park of Rewa, Panna Road of Satna and Narkheda branch of Agar-Malwa are also included.
Whay In News?
- On February 6, 2023, Madhya Pradesh has won two gold medals in the Canoe Slalom competition released at Sahasradhara in Maheshwar, Madhya Pradesh at the Khelo India Youth Games 2022.
- For the first time in the Khelo India Youth Games, Pradyuman Singh Rathore won the boys' K2 event in the canoe or water slalom event. The Emerald International School student clocked 76.850 seconds to complete the 300m course to win the gold medal, while second-placed Princegen Kurbah of Meghalaya clocked 98.310 seconds. Anak Chauhan of Gujarat got the third position. Anak completed the race in 104.030 seconds.
- Similarly, Manasi Batham of Madhya Pradesh won the girls' canoe Slalom C2 event. Mansi clocked 128.596 seconds to complete the race on the 250-meter course and won the gold medal. Preeti Pal (Haryana) finished second with 491.172 seconds and Dhriti Maria (Karnataka) was third with 559.120 seconds.
'Haryanvi Turban' Becomes Center of Special Attraction for Tourists at Heritage Cultural Exhibition at 36th International Surajkund Craft Fair
Whay In News?
- The 'Haryanvi Turban' remains a center of special attraction for tourists at the heritage cultural exhibition at the 36th International Surajkund Craft Fair being organized in Faridabad, Haryana on February 6, 2023.
- Haryana's turban is attracting tourists from children to the elderly through 'Pagdi Bandhao, Photo Khinchao' at the cultural exhibition organized by heritage in 'Apna Ghar' of Haryana.
- Director of Heritage Dr. Mahasingh Poonia said that Haryana's turban is gaining a lot of popularity in the International Surajkund Craft Fair. The turban, cultural heritage, is gaining a lot of popularity through social media by taking a symbol of Haryana's folk selfies with hookahs tied to tourist turbans, selfies with Haryanvi windows, selfies with Haryanvi doors, selfies with the doors of your house.
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar and Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar also inaugurated the Surajkund Mela by wearing a Haryanvi turban. The history of the turban tradition is thousands of years old. While the turban is associated with folk cultural traditions, it is also closely related to social concerns.
- The diversity of turbans is seen in all the regions of Khadar, Bangar, Bagad , Ahirwal , Brij, Mewat, Kauravi region of Haryana. In ancient times, turbans were used to keep the head safely.
- Turban is worn on the head. That's why this garment got the highest position among all the garments. Turban is known by the names Pag, Pag, Paggad, Pagdi, Pagmandasa, Safa, Pecha, Phenta, Khandwa, Khandka etc. in folk life, while in literature, Pagdi is called Rumalio, Parna, Sheeshkay, Jalak, Muraitha, Mukut, Kantopa, Madil, Moliya and Chindi etc. are known by the names.
- In fact, the original purpose of the turban has been to protect the upper part of the body (head) from calamities like cold, heat, sun, heat stroke, rain etc. Gone, because the turban is the support of the head. If we peep into the history of turban, then since time immemorial there has been a tradition of wearing turban.
Whay In News?
- According to information received from media sources on February 6, 2023, after 149 years in Lohardaga, Jharkhand, two rare migratory birds 'Lesser Adjutant Stork' Hindi name 'Garuda' and local name 'Gandagandur' have again appeared in Nandi Dham located in Kachmachi.
- It is noteworthy that earlier in the year 1874, an eagle was seen in Lohardaga. However, earlier in the year 2011 in Jharkhand, four of these endangered birds were seen in the Udhuwa Lake Bird Sanctuary of Sahibganj. And in 2012, an eagle was seen in Rangamati of Seraikela-Kharsawan.
- Jharkhand is a favourite place of migratory birds. This is the reason that since November, many migratory birds have been seen in the reservoirs, ponds and marshy areas around the river in various districts.
- Wildlife biologist Sanjay Khakha said that during bird watching on 5 February, 2023, he saw these birds sitting on tall trees in the marshy area of Nandi Dham.
- Sanjay Khakha said that the eagle birds seen are adults. Their length is about 55 inches. Usually, these birds find their habitat on tall trees, to stay away from the eyes of common people.
- It is difficult to distinguish male and female in these Garudas. The colour of both is common.: It is the same. While the body of the male is weighed heavier than the female. Length of female 45 from 50 It is measured up to inches.
- The face of the adult garuda is red, the head colour is brown and white, the thin neck colour is yellow, the feather colour is Gray (Sylate colour) and the body colour is white.
- Significantly, the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) has identified stork as an endangered bird in 2020. Given the rapidly decreasing number of these birds, they have been included in the Endangered i.e., Red List category.
Whay In News?
- According to information received from Chhattisgarh Public Relations Department on February 6, 2023, Rudra Pratap Singh Rana, assistant teacher at Government Primary School Sakada of Koriya district 4 ' Trust in New Delhi in February by 'Aas Ek Prayas, was awarded the Lives Real Heroes of India Award 2023 for his outstanding performance in the field of education.
- Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad and Acharya Pradyuman (guru of yoga guru Baba Ramdev) conferred the honour on him.
- Every year, 'Aas Ek Prayas' honour's dedicated and distinguished people towards humanity and the nation for their outstanding performance in various fields from all over the country.
- Rudra Pratap Singh Rana, a teacher known as 'Guruji with a blue umbrella', kept children safe and connected with studies during the Corona period. His story inspires everyone on how life can be made great.
- During the increasing infection of Kovid-19, he thought that children could not go to school, so why not take the school to the children. Then he decorated the bell, green board, small library and blue umbrella on his motorcycle and started teaching children in a locality of the village without contact with each other.
- of keeping children This safe way connected with the process of learning and learning in the Corona period was also liked by the Prime Minister. He Mann Ki Baat also mentioned this in the ''program. Teacher Rudra Pratap Singh Rana, along with his friends, first gave the concept of 'Mohalla Class's in Chhattisgarh for the under-reached and network less areas, which later became very popular and popular across the country.
- Teacher Rudra Pratap Singh Rana transformed the primary school of remote Vananchal village Sakada with the help of the government and society and established it as a model school.
- Teacher Rudra Pratap Singh Rana emphasizes on experience-based learning and strives to make the learning process interesting; many documentaries have also been made on his school, which have also been exhibited in SCERT and NCERT. Over the years, many children of his school have been selected in Eklavya Model Residential School.
- Teacher Rudrapratap Singh Rana is included in the 5-member team of FLN under 'Nipun Bharat Abhiyan'. He has also presented on behalf of Chhattisgarh in NCERT New Delhi. His life has been highlighted in detail in the book 'Life's Real Hero', which inspires and makes all hard-working teachers proud.
Switch to Hindi