Chief Minister Inaugurated 20 Branches of HDFC Bank
- 07 Feb 2023
- 2 min read
Whay In News?
- On 6 February 2023, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan virtually inaugurated 20 branches of HDFC bank by cutting the ribbon of HDFC ATM at Manas Bhawan in Shyamala Hills.
- The Chief Minister said that the cooperation being given by HDFC Bank in encouraging self-employment activities in the state and empowering women self-help groups is commendable.
- HDFC's head office in Mumbai and 20 branches of the state were connected virtually in Madhya Pradesh.
- The Chief Minister said that HDFC is the second largest bank in India with deposits of 17 lakh 33 thousand crores, loan advances of 15 lakh 6 thousand crores and balance sheet of 22 lakh 95 thousand crores.
- The Credit Deposit Ratio (CD Ratio) of this bank is 118 percent, which shows that the loan given by the bank to various sectors of the state is commendable.
- The Chief Minister said that the bank should make special efforts to improve the credit deposit ratio in tribal dominated and remote districts.
- HDFC Bank's branches which were virtually inaugurated include Shyamala Hills branch of Bhopal, Sneh Nagar and Sadar branch of Jabalpur, Manorama Ganj, Bhanpura, Bhorasla and Basant Vihar branch of Indore,
- Budhni of Sehore, Khilchipur and Kuravar of Rajgarh, Orchha of Niwari, Mundi of Khandwa, Maheshwar of Khargone, Palandi Chauraha of Damoh, Bijouri of Anuppur, Nainpur of Mandla, Gol Park of Rewa, Panna Road of Satna and Narkheda branch of Agar-Malwa are also included.