Why in News
- In the Annual General Meeting of Rajasthan State Energy Development Corporation on November 30, 2021, Additional Chief Secretary (Energy) Dr. Subodh Agrawal informed that one new biomass power project would be set up in the state at Malasar in Churu district and Nokha in Bikaner district.
- Earlier in the month of October itself, approval has been given to set up one biomass power project each at Fagi in Jaipur and Chhatarpur in Bikaner.
- ACS Energy Dr. Agrawal informed that for regular monitoring of the overall power system in the state, review would be done in the meeting of Energy Efficiency Committee every month, while the Coordination Review Committee would be made active and effective.
- A long-term action plan is being finalized to maintain uninterrupted power supply in the state and to ensure availability of electricity at affordable rates.
- In the meeting of the Board of Directors of Energy Development Corporation held last month, it has been decided to purchase electricity from four wind plants of the state at the rate of Rs. 2 44 paise per unit.
Why in News
- On November 30, 2021, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has approved the state government's 'Back to Work' scheme for women who leave their jobs due to family circumstances.
- After marriage, working women have to leave the job many times due to taking care of the family and other reasons. The state government has come up with the 'Back to Work' scheme to provide opportunities to these working women who have left their jobs to get jobs again or work from home with the help of the private sector.
- In this scheme, a target has been fixed to get 15,000 women again in the next 3 years with the help of the private sector. Priority will be given to widows, abandoned, divorced and victims of violence, women who will not be able to go to the workplace, they will be provided with the opportunity of work from home.
- The facility of the single window system will be developed to provide employment opportunities to women willing to join employment through the Directorate of Women's Empowerment and CSR organization. Apart from this, skill training will also be given through RKCL.
- For the implementation of the scheme as a pilot project, applications will be taken from the target category of women on the portal or application software of the partner organization / CSR institution.
- On the basis of a category wise database of registered women on the online portal, the work of linking employment in the private sector will be done by the CSR organization. If needed, training facilities for re-skilling/up-skilling will also be provided to the targeted category women registered on the online portal by the CSR organization, which will be updated on the portal. Monitoring committee will be constituted for effective implementation of the scheme.
- Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had announced the launch of the 'Back to Work' scheme during the discussion on the Finance and Appropriation Bill for the budget 2021-22.
Switch to Hindi