Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Additional Chief Secretary, Urban Development and Housing, Uttarakhand, Anandvardhan informed about the setting up of separate cities in Uttarakhand on the lines of Mohali, a sub-city of Chandigarh.
- The Uttarakhand Housing and Development Council has invited applications from private developers regarding the setting up of separate cities in the state. This township can be developed in three categories.
- Neighborhood- It will be a small township. This township can be developed only on six hectares to 20 hectares in plain areas and three hectares to ten hectares in mountainous areas.
- Township- This township can be developed on 20 to 40 hectares of land in plain areas and 10 to 20 hectares of land in mountainous areas.
- Special Township- This township will be developed on more than 40 hectares of land in plain areas and more than 20 hectares in mountainous areas.
- The purpose of this scheme of the Uttarakhand government is to reduce the burden of old cities and people get state-of-the-art facilities in new cities. All townships will be monitored by the Uttarakhand Housing and Development Council.
- The government has constituted a task force to implement the scheme. The applications received will be surveyed. Experts will tell whether a township can be developed on the land concerned. After this, the master plan of that place will be prepared. The developer will have to provide basic facilities like roads, electricity, water at that place.
- Developers will get support from the council in all government works, from land use change to master plan, registration with RERA, although government fees will have to be deposited.
- The cities that will be built on the lines of Mohali will have complete facilities from schools, colleges to hospitals and playgrounds.
- Just as Mohali has been divided into sectors, the cities of Uttarakhand can also be divided into sectors. In this, separate space will be reserved for special sectors, such as IT companies or other employment companies.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated the bridge over the important Ranipokhari Jakhan river on Rishikesh-Bhaniawala motor road and Sheetla river in Lumberpur Langha motorway under Vidhansabha Vikasnagar in a program organized in Doiwala.
- Significantly, after the bridge collapsed in 2021 last year, the process of building a new bridge was started in January 2022. The working organization Himalayan Construction completed the construction of the bridge on 6th July.
- Chief Minister Dhami said that this is an important bridge connecting Rishikesh, Garhwal etc. with the capital. Apart from the local public, the bridge will also facilitate the tourists.
- 15 km of Bhaniyawala Marg motorway under Doiwala development block of the district from Central Road Infrastructure Fund. A girder bridge of 280 meters span has been constructed. The sanctioned cost for Ranipokhari bridge was Rs 16.18 crore.
- Chief Minister Dhami said that work on Rishikesh-Karnprayag rail line and Delhi-Dehradun elevated road is going on at a fast pace. After the completion of the elevated road project, the distance between Delhi and Dehradun will be completed in two hours.
- The Chief Minister said that on the lines of Chardham road project, Manaskhand Corridor has also been decided as the flagship project of the state and work has been started on it. The journey from the all-weather road has now become smooth and safe.
Switch to Hindi