Ranipokhari Jakhan bridge at Doiwala
- 01 Oct 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated the bridge over the important Ranipokhari Jakhan river on Rishikesh-Bhaniawala motor road and Sheetla river in Lumberpur Langha motorway under Vidhansabha Vikasnagar in a program organized in Doiwala.
- Significantly, after the bridge collapsed in 2021 last year, the process of building a new bridge was started in January 2022. The working organization Himalayan Construction completed the construction of the bridge on 6th July.
- Chief Minister Dhami said that this is an important bridge connecting Rishikesh, Garhwal etc. with the capital. Apart from the local public, the bridge will also facilitate the tourists.
- 15 km of Bhaniyawala Marg motorway under Doiwala development block of the district from Central Road Infrastructure Fund. A girder bridge of 280 meters span has been constructed. The sanctioned cost for Ranipokhari bridge was Rs 16.18 crore.
- Chief Minister Dhami said that work on Rishikesh-Karnprayag rail line and Delhi-Dehradun elevated road is going on at a fast pace. After the completion of the elevated road project, the distance between Delhi and Dehradun will be completed in two hours.
- The Chief Minister said that on the lines of Chardham road project, Manaskhand Corridor has also been decided as the flagship project of the state and work has been started on it. The journey from the all-weather road has now become smooth and safe.