Rajasthan Switch to Hindi
Karauli District Honored for Excellent Work in MSME Sector
Why in News?
- At the Entrepreneur India event held at Vigyan Bhawan in Delhi on June 30, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi honoured Karauli district of Rajasthan for being ranked second in the category of 'Aspirational District'.
- Out of the 26 categories of awards given for outstanding work in the field of MSMEs, Rajasthan captured 4 different categories.
- PM holds discussion with Handicapped winner Sunita Gupta. Ashok Pareek and Anita Lunia were also honored for their outstanding work in various categories.
- Rajasthan's Industries Minister Shakuntala Rawat said that due to the change in the MSME policy, no industrialist will now have to take NOC from various departments for 3 to 5 years to set up industries.
- The industries minister said that Invest Rajasthan Summit-2022 would be organized on 7-8 October, through which investments would be made by various companies in the state. This will not only give impetus to industrial development in the state, but employment opportunities will also be created for the youth.
- Sirohi, Dholpur, Jaisalmer and Karauli districts of the state have been selected under the 'Aspirational District' program, out of which Karauli district has secured the second position for its best work.
- The 'Aspirational Districts' program is an ambitious scheme of the Government of India through which progressive districts of the country are selected for their outstanding work in a particular region.
Switch to Hindi