Why in News?
- On June 29, 2022, Rajasthan's Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports, Ashok Chandna and Rajasthan Youth Board President Sitaram Lamba informed about the formulation of a new youth policy in the state, focusing on skill sports and art-culture.
- This new youth policy will be framed on the basis of the interaction by communicating with the youth at the block level and submitting the feedback received in this dialogue to the State Government.
- Minister of State for Sports Ashok Chandana said that creating employment opportunities for the youth is the biggest need at present. For this, special attention is being paid to skill development among the youth and connect them with employment.
- Through sports also, positive change can be brought about in the youth. Empowering the youth can be helped by highlighting the hidden arts of the state.
- Therefore, with a special focus on these three disciplines, the new Youth Policy will be implemented through the Youth Board.
- Expressing concern over the increasing trend of drugs among the youth, Chandana said that a 'de-addiction' campaign will be launched to protect the youth from the evil of drugs.
- He said the possibility of providing priority employment to the youth of the state in the industries will also be considered.
- Referring to the development of sports in the state, he said that there has been a massive expansion of sports facilities and a unique initiative has been taken in the form of rural Olympic sports.
- Sitaram Lamba, president of the Rajasthan Youth Board, said the state government is paying special attention to taking the youth forward. In this order, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has announced to make the upcoming budget youth-centric, which is a good initiative.
- He said that the Youth Board is working on formulating a youth policy of their choice for the youth. For this, dialogue programmes have been organized at the division level and in most of the districts, in which thousands of youth have been interacted.
Switch to Hindi