Why in News?
- At the Udyami-Bharat event held at Vigyan Bhawan in Delhi on June 30, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi honored Haryana for its outstanding work done in the field of MSMEs for being ranked third in the country.
- Haryana is included in the top 3 states of the country in the field of MSME. Two MSMEs of Haryana have also received awards in the program. Among these, Dr. Harjinder Kaur Talwar got the first prize in the Small Service Enterprise in the Women's category and Rishabh Gupta got the third position in the Overall category of Manufacturing Micro Enterprise.
- Speaking on the occasion, Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala said that MSMEs have made a special contribution in the economic development of Haryana. There are about 9.7 lakh MSMEs in the state, which is the backbone of the growing economy.
- Dushyant Chautala said that the Haryana government has set up a dedicated department 'Directorate of MSME' to support MSMEs in various sectors, which has made it easier to reach the market, technology and skilled workers.
- The Deputy Chief Minister informed that Haryana has launched a program of its kind 'Padma' following the principle of 'Vocal for Global', the main objective of which is to create a dynamic, self-reliant and thriving industrial infrastructure at the block level.
- He said that apart from emphasizing on the MSE-CDP scheme of the Government of India, Haryana has also come out with a first-of-its-kind 'State Mini Cluster Scheme'. So far, 9 clusters costing Rs.140 crore have been sanctioned from Haryana under the MSE-CDP scheme. Out of this, an assistance of Rs.58 crores has been given from the Government of India.
- Under the State Mini Cluster Development Scheme, various initiatives of 43 MSME clusters worth more than Rs.119 crore have been taken up in the state. More than 8,000 MSMEs in Haryana have been benefited by these extensive cluster development efforts of the state government.
Why in News?
- Haryana has been included in the top achievers category in the fifth edition of 'State Ease of Doing Business' released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry on June 30, 2022. Apart from Haryana, the top achievers category includes Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Punjab, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.
- Vijayendra Kumar, Principal Secretary, Department of Industry and Commerce, said that the Department constituted for the Motion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has ranked the States and Union Territories (UTs) on the basis of implementation of corrective steps and feedback.
- He said that the action plan for the year 2020 included 301 improvement points in 15 areas. Haryana has achieved a score of 99+ percentile in the implementation of these reforms. Apart from this, the state has been ranked first in Export Readiness Index (Land Closed Category)-2021 and second in 'Logistics is Across Different Status Survey-2021'.
- The state government has taken several major steps to improve the investment climate in the state, with the new industrial policy 'Haryana Enterprise and Employment Policy, 2020' being special. The policy aims to create 5 lakh jobs in the state, attract investment of over Rs 1 lakh crore and double exports to Rs 2 lakh crore.
- 100 state laws (Acts, Rules and Guidelines) were re-evaluated in the state, creating an investment-friendly environment in the state.
- Several investment proposals of national and international repute, such as Maruti, Fivelay, Grasim Paints, ATL Batteries, Aarti Green Tech Ltd., Amperex Technologies Ltd., Enrich Agro Food Products, etc. have shown interest in Haryana.
- Vijayendra Kumar informed that due to the commitment of the Haryana government to provide a conducive ecosystem to the industries, Haryana got excellent ranking in ease of doing business, ease of logistics and export readiness.
Switch to Hindi