Why in News?
- Recently, Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal has informed that on the lines of villages in the state, the process of making the urban areas free of Lal Dora has also started.
- The Chief Secretary has directed the officials to prepare an action plan within 15 days for mapping of assets inside Lal Dora and drone flying etc. in urban areas on the lines of villages.
- Instructing the officials, the Chief Secretary asked them to prepare a master data of property IDs issued by the Urban Local Bodies Department, The Urban and Village Planning Department and the Haryana Urban Development Authority and in private colonies to ascertain the actual status.
- Apart from this, share the information of Lal Dora with all municipal corporations, municipalities and municipal committees. If any change is found, then update the data accordingly.
- Under the Swamitva scheme, the work of flying drones in the villages is almost complete and the work of making and distributing property cards is going on in a phased manner. Now on the same lines, the work of freeing Lal Dora will be done expeditiously in urban areas so that people can get their ownership rights.
- It is worth mentioning that Haryana had first started the Lal Dora Mukt Yojana in the country, which was later implemented in the name of Swamitva Scheme across the country. In this ambitious plan, revolutionary steps are being taken to free villages and cities from Lal Dora.
Switch to Hindi