Haryana Got Third Place in 'MSME National Award'
- 01 Jul 2022
- 3 min read
Why in News?
- At the Udyami-Bharat event held at Vigyan Bhawan in Delhi on June 30, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi honored Haryana for its outstanding work done in the field of MSMEs for being ranked third in the country.
- Haryana is included in the top 3 states of the country in the field of MSME. Two MSMEs of Haryana have also received awards in the program. Among these, Dr. Harjinder Kaur Talwar got the first prize in the Small Service Enterprise in the Women's category and Rishabh Gupta got the third position in the Overall category of Manufacturing Micro Enterprise.
- Speaking on the occasion, Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala said that MSMEs have made a special contribution in the economic development of Haryana. There are about 9.7 lakh MSMEs in the state, which is the backbone of the growing economy.
- Dushyant Chautala said that the Haryana government has set up a dedicated department 'Directorate of MSME' to support MSMEs in various sectors, which has made it easier to reach the market, technology and skilled workers.
- The Deputy Chief Minister informed that Haryana has launched a program of its kind 'Padma' following the principle of 'Vocal for Global', the main objective of which is to create a dynamic, self-reliant and thriving industrial infrastructure at the block level.
- He said that apart from emphasizing on the MSE-CDP scheme of the Government of India, Haryana has also come out with a first-of-its-kind 'State Mini Cluster Scheme'. So far, 9 clusters costing Rs.140 crore have been sanctioned from Haryana under the MSE-CDP scheme. Out of this, an assistance of Rs.58 crores has been given from the Government of India.
- Under the State Mini Cluster Development Scheme, various initiatives of 43 MSME clusters worth more than Rs.119 crore have been taken up in the state. More than 8,000 MSMEs in Haryana have been benefited by these extensive cluster development efforts of the state government.