ZAPAD 2021: Russia
- 02 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
The Indian Army contingent will participate in a two-week multinational military exercise named 'ZAPAD 2021' at Nizhny in Russia.
- It is one of the theatre level exercises of the Russian Armed Forces and will focus primarily on operations against terrorists.
- Over a dozen countries from Eurasian and South Asian Region will participate in the exercise.
- Nine are Participating countries which include Mongolia, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Serbia, Russia, India and Belarus.
- Eight countries are Observers which include Pakistan, China, Vietnam, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Uzbekistan and Sri Lanka.
- The aim is to enhance military and strategic ties amongst the participating nations.
- The NAG Battalion group (from India) will participate in the exercise.
- The Naga Regiment is an infantry regiment of the Indian Army.
- India also participated in the exercise TSENTR 2019, which is part of the annual series of large scale exercises that form part of the Russian Armed Forces' annual training cycle.
- Military Exercise between India and Russia:
- Indra 2021: Joint Tri-Services (Army, Navy, Air Force) Exercise.