Women Startup Summit 2019
- 10 Jul 2019
- 2 min read
The Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) is to host the Women Startup Summit in association with the Indian Women Network of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- The ‘Women Startup Summit 2019’, a one-day event aims at encouraging aspiring women professionals to take up their entrepreneurial journey and developing an inclusive entrepreneurship ecosystem in the State.
- Theme of the Summit is “Developing an Inclusive Entrepreneurship Ecosystem”.
- About 20 women startups shortlisted from the “She Loves Tech” national grand challenge will be showcased in the summit.
- She Loves Tech is a global competition which was launched in 2015 to provide a platform for women entrepreneurs and startups dedicated to improving the lives of women globally.
- 2019 Global Startup Competition is the world’s largest startup competition focused on women and technology.
- For the first time She Loves Tech competition will be held in India in association with Kerala Startup Mission, the nodal government organization for promoting the startups in Kerala.
- Kerala has 13% of women participation in the technology startup ecosystem and the state government has taken proactive steps for increasing the participation of women in the sector.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Confederation of Indian Industry is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led and industry-managed organization, playing a proactive role in India's development process.
- Founded in 1895, it has around 9000 members, from the private as well as public sectors, including SMEs and MNCs, and an indirect membership of over 300,000 enterprises from around 276 national and regional sectoral industry bodies.
- It works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering industry, Government, and civil society, through advisory and consultative processes.