Important Facts For Prelims
Switch To Hindi
Uttar Pradesh Special Security Force
- 14 Sep 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
The Uttar Pradesh government is going to constitute a Special Security Force (SSF) in the state.
- On the lines of the Central Industrial Security Force, SSF will be responsible for security of vital government and private buildings, and industrial establishments.
- It can also be hired by private establishments by paying a fixed cost.
- It will be headed by an Additional Director General (ADG)-ranked officer and will be headquartered in Lucknow.
- Powers: It will not require magistrate’s order or warrants to make an arrest or conduct searches.
- Its powers will be governed by a set of rules made by the state government.
- Background : The UPSSF will set up on the basis of orders of the Allahabad High Court, which had expressed its displeasure over the security at civil courts in December 2019 over shootout incidents at Bijnor and Muzaffarnagar courts.
- The court had directed the state government to form an exclusive force for security on court premises.
Central Industrial Security Force
- It is a central armed force the Union raised under an Act of Parliament namely Central Industrial Security Force Act, 1968.
- It is directly under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The CISF provides security cover to industrial units, government infrastructure projects and facilities and establishments located all over India.
- Other central armed forces in India include Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), National Security Guard (NSG) and Assam Rifles (AR).