Unified Portal of Gobardhan
- 06 Feb 2021
- 3 min read
Why in News
Recently, a Unified Portal of Gobardhan has been launched to ensure smooth implementation of Biogas schemes/initiatives and their real time tracking.
- Ensure close coordination with various Departments/Ministries for smooth implementation of Biogas schemes/initiatives and its real time tracking.
- Coordinated by:
- The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation under the Swachh Bharat Mission – Grameen (SBMG).
- Economy: Strengthen the rural economy through a convergent approach for various Biogas projects/models and initiatives.
- ODF Plus Goals: The ODF Plus goals (solid waste management in villages, along with the collection and transportation of biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste) outlined in the Phase 2 of SBMG will depend on the performance of Gobardhan scheme to a great extent.
- Synchronisation with other Schemes: The portal will further help in achieving objectives of SATAT (Sustainable Alternative towards Affordable Transportation) aimed at setting up of Compressed Biogas (CBG) production plants and ensuring market linkage for use of biofuel in automotive fuels.
- Better Environment & Public Health: Rural India generates enormous quantities of bio-waste which can be efficiently utilized and lead to better environment and public health.
- Employment Generation & Savings: Bio-waste processing especially cattle dung into Biogas & organic manure leads to generation of opportunities for employment and household savings.
- Launched By:
- The ministry of Jal Shakti has launched the GOBAR (Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources) - DHAN scheme.
- The scheme is being implemented as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin).
- The Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) comprises two main components for creating clean villages – creating open defecation free (ODF) villages and managing solid and liquid waste in villages.
- Keeping villages clean, increasing the income of rural households, and generation of energy from cattle waste.
- The scheme also aims at creating new rural livelihood opportunities and enhancing income for farmers and other rural people.