UAE’s New Visa Rules
- 06 Oct 2022
- 3 min read
Why in News?
Recently, the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE’s) has announced new visa rules in order to attract tourists as well as those who wish to work or live in the UAE.
- A visa is an official document that allows the bearer to legally enter a foreign country.
What are the Key Changes?
- Three categories: Entry visa, Green visa and Golden visa.
- For the first time, the UAE has introduced entry visas that do not require a host or sponsor for visitors. Entry visas or Tourist Visas will now be available for single or multiple entries and will be valid for 60 days unlike the previous 30-day period.
- The Green Visa is a type of renewable-residence visa that allows foreigners to sponsor themselves for five years, without having to rely on a UAE national or employer to sponsor their visa. It replaces the previous residence visa that was valid only for two years.
- The Golden visa offers holders long-term renewable residence visas for upto 10 years. Those that are eligible for the Golden visa include investors, entrepreneurs, individuals with exceptional talents the likes of researchers, medical professionals and those within the scientific and knowledge fields and outstanding students and graduates.
- Skilled professionals can get long-term residency if they have a minimum monthly salary requirement of AED (United Arab Emirates Dirham) 30,000 a month. Investors can also get the visa when purchasing a property worth at least AED two million.
- The updated visa system is an attempt at improving the quality of life and making the experience of living, working and investing in the UAE a pleasant and happy one.
How will it Benefit Indians?
- The Indian expatriate community of approximately 3.5 million constitutes about 30% of the UAE population.
- The restructuring of its entry and residence system will further boost the country’s image as an ideal destination for work and investment.
- Thousands of talented professionals are expected to find employment in the UAE and tourists can now experience a hassle-free vacation with the simplified visa system.