- 22 Oct 2019
- 2 min read
The National Cyber Security Coordinator's office in partnership with the Data Security Council of India (DSCI) has launched ‘TechSagar’, an online portal of India’s technological capability.
- It provides actionable insights about capabilities of the Indian Industry, academia and research across 25 technology areas like Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), etc.
- It currently features over 4,000 entities.
- It will be frequently updated with new entities and information to maintain its relevance and usefulness.
- The losses due to cyber crime globally on an average is 2.5% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- Thus, India’s dream of growing to $5 trillion economy by 2025 is being seriously threatened by the losses due to cyber crimes.
- TechSagar will facilitate new opportunities for businesses and academia to collaborate, connect and innovate in the future.
National Cyber Security Coordinator
- In 2014, the Prime Minister’s Office created the position of the National Cyber Security Coordinator.
- The NCSC office coordinates with different agencies at the national level for cyber security matters.
Data Security Council of India
- DSCI is a not-for-profit premier industry body on data protection in India, setup by NASSCOM, committed to making cyberspace safe, secure and trusted by establishing best practices, standards and initiatives in cyber security and privacy.
- NASSCOM is a not-for-profit trade body and chamber of commerce of the Tech industry in India and comprises over 2800 member companies including both Indian and multinational organisations that have a presence in India.
- Its Registered Office is located in New Delhi.