Shagun: Integrated Online Junction for School Education
- 29 Aug 2019
- 2 min read
The Union Human Resource Development Minister has launched one of the world's largest Integrated Online Junction for School Education ‘Shagun’.
- It is an online junction of different websites and portals into a single platform to enhance the accessibility of information relating to schools.
- It will ensure a holistic approach to transforming the education sector.
- It is an initiative to improve school education system by creating a junction for all online portals and websites relating to various activities of the Department of School Education and Literacy in the Government of India and all States and Union Territories.
- The term ‘Shagun’ is coined from two different words- ‘Shala’ meaning Schools and ‘Gunvatta’ meaning Quality.
- The portal seeks to provide a very robust feedback mechanism which will increase public participation and will ensure accountability and transparency.
- It also provides vital information relating to the availability of nearby schools, navigable distance vis-a-vis aerial distance between schools.
Integrated National School Education Treasury
- Union Human Resource Development Minister has also announced the setting up of the Integrated National School Education Treasury (INSET).
- It will envisage a fully integrated, accessible and seamless information network for all parameters relating to the students, teachers, and schools in the country.
- The main focus of INSET will be on the following areas:
- Reinforcing and cleaning the data of the Integrated Online Junction through feedback from Stakeholders.
- Ensuring full interoperability among the websites, portals and applications which are already hosted in the junction.
- Creating high-quality e-contents, including quizzes and puzzles to enhance learning and also for teachers in aiding classroom transactions.
- Using artificial intelligence and deep machine learning in a variety of ways to enhance the quality of school education including for designing evidence-based inventions.