SERB Women Excellence Award- 2020
- 25 Feb 2020
- 1 min read
Why in News
Dr Niti Kumar, a senior scientist from the CSIR- Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow has received SERB Women Excellence Award-2020.
- Award will be conferred by the President of India during National Science Day (NSD) celebrations on 28th February, 2020. The theme for the NSD 2020 is ‘Women in Science’.
- SERB Women Excellence Award is a one-time award given to women scientists below 40 years of age and who have received recognition from national academies such as Young Scientist Medal, Young Associate etc.
- The women researchers will be supported by a research grant of 5 lakhs per annum for 3 years by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Niti Kumar’s research group is trying to understand the protein quality control machinery in human malaria parasite for exploration of alternative drug targets for malaria intervention.
- Dr. Niti Kumar has many awards and recognitions in her credit including, Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award (DBT-IYBA, 2015), INSA Medal for Young Scientist (2010) by Indian National Science Academy, etc.