Rajasthan Tops in Covid-19 Management Index
- 04 Jun 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Rajasthan has topped the list of Covid-19 Management Index which was analysed for 10 states by the Central government, including parameters such as active cases, recovered cases and mortality rate.
- The positive cases in the state are heading towards the 10,000-mark but the graph of active cases has been constantly declining.
- There were only 2,699 active cases in the state as of now. The mortality rate was 2.16%, which was quite less than the national average and the recovery rate was 67.59%.
- While the doubling time of Covid-19 infection in India is 12 days, it stands at 18 days in Rajasthan.
- Despite the return of migrants in huge numbers, the infection had not spread widely in the rural areas because of micro-planning at the village and subdivision levels.
- Healthcare initiatives such as immunisation, family welfare, maternal and child health and national health programmes, ensured that the people’s needs are met, health infrastructure remains intact and the State’s health index is not adversely impacted.
- To raise awareness about the Covid-19, ‘Swasthya Mitras’ will be appointed in each revenue village.
- Swasthya Mitra is a native of the area and is trained to create awareness amongst the community for helping and guiding them by identifying the nature of the disease, the signs and symptoms and accordingly guiding them to seek proper medical treatment without much delay.